2022 Intermediate A hurling

I think with hindsight Dungourney had a bit more than just Jack Leahy this year and credit must go to them interesting final now as there was only 2 points between them in the second game of the group stage
Ah look was at their game yesterday. Denny and Hegarty very good players too. Makes for very good final between two teams that will play hurling

A repeat of the 2015 junior final. We left it after us the first day then Dungourney hammered us in the replay. Delighted with our lads on friday nite thought we were cruising at ht, up 8 points. Lisgoold really got a run on us at the start of the 2nd half outscoring 2-4 to a point i think. It would have been very easy to drop the heads when lisgoold went ahead but in fairness we didn't and went ahead again. Thought our bench and fitness shone out. Cronin did a good job marshalling Mark verling but brian verling was brilliant. Clifford did a great job too on Healy. Looking forward to the final, we beat them in the group stage but it was close enough on the day. We have a few lads back from injury since and i think we have the stronger squad. fingers crossed anyway. I must say the media coverage of this championship has been very poor. Only a few lines of a report for both semi finals. The preview for our game on the echo had 2 glaring mistakes. Saying we beat dungourney in the third game of the group and we were already through. It was the second game we played them and everything was still in the melting pot at the time. Also named a fella in that preview as a "go to man" who has started one game all year. He came on in the lisgoold game and scored a point in extra time. The match report then got his name wrong. A small bit of research and they wouldn't have been made. 103fm had no match report from what i heard only the result.

A repeat of the 2015 junior final. We left it after us the first day then Dungourney hammered us in the replay. Delighted with our lads on friday nite thought we were cruising at ht, up 8 points. Lisgoold really got a run on us at the start of the 2nd half outscoring 2-4 to a point i think. It would have been very easy to drop the heads when lisgoold went ahead but in fairness we didn't and went ahead again. Thought our bench and fitness shone out. Cronin did a good job marshalling Mark verling but brian verling was brilliant. Clifford did a great job too on Healy. Looking forward to the final, we beat them in the group stage but it was close enough on the day. We have a few lads back from injury since and i think we have the stronger squad. fingers crossed anyway. I must say the media coverage of this championship has been very poor. Only a few lines of a report for both semi finals. The preview for our game on the echo had 2 glaring mistakes. Saying we beat dungourney in the third game of the group and we were already through. It was the second game we played them and everything was still in the melting pot at the time. Also named a fella in that preview as a "go to man" who has started one game all year. He came on in the lisgoold game and scored a point in extra time. The match report then got his name wrong. A small bit of research and they wouldn't have been made. 103fm had no match report from what i heard only the result.
The echo? enough said

What are the thoughts on this final at the weekend. Any word from either camps on fitness? Have heard that Ryan Denny isn’t fully fit with a knee injury.
Would believe that Cloughduv came through a tougher side but will that matter come final day

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Easter Beer Festival

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼