Search results

1. B

Cork city has gone to the dogs.

A lot of this "Cork is a no go zone" and "the city isn't safe" stuff is completely over the top. Yes, there are problems, yes there's a lot of obvious drug dealing and plenty of messing but how many innocent bystanders are assaulted every week in the city centre especially during the day? Are...
  2. B

Stuff that headbangers believe

The Tucker Carlson broadcast from Moscow from a few months back captures the whole American conspiracy woke-is-evil scene very well. Jon Stewart picks it apart brilliantly in this very funny episode: The draw of conspiracy theories and the anti-woke, anti-foreigner narrative is that it...
  3. B

Stuff that headbangers believe

This is a really good read for anyone interested in conspiracy theorists and the alt-right particularly with their surge in popularity over the last couple of years. The researcher is Irish and pulls a lot of really interesting things together and highlights some of the real dangers to democracy...
  4. B

Bridge Collapse in Baltimore

It's not a silly question but I would guess that it would take a significant amount of time to organise dropping an anchor for a 110,000 ton (101,605,000 kg) ship already travelling at 8 knots (4 metres per second) and it sounds like they didn't have much time BUT a few back of an envelope...
  5. B

Drugs seized in Leap

There were no drugs found. But a dinghy and ten fOrEign nAtiONals inside a camper van in March in west Cork hanging around a beach..... If the cops can't get a case together for a fella whose "missing" wife was buried under his stairs in Youghal, then arresting a load of lads with no charlie...
  6. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Worth having a sconce at the highlights from the drawn game with Tipp last year. You tend to forget who got scores at crucial moments and how the pendulum swung so violently back and forth for the whole game.
  7. B

Immigration Thread

Everyone is labelling everyone else which fuels all the rage. If you think we should accommodate as many asylum seekers as possible within reasonable limits, you're told you're part of the "woke brigade" trying to "destroy the country" and "replace the native population" for no other reason...
  8. B

Immigration Thread

There's accommodation housing Ukrainians on Gerald Griffin Street already. On the right as you go down GG street just after the school. Families have their own rooms there as opposed to the place on Model Farm Road where it's 20+ to a room. Maybe they are going to change the number of people per...
  9. B

The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Its a fair enough comment. Murray doesn't kick that ball away at the end and they go through the phases for 60 seconds, something they've been well capable of in the past, and Ireland win.
  10. B

Referendum on Family & Care

That's very far right.
  11. B

The Official Irish Rugby Thread

The Brits targeted Frawleys side of the field all day and got two tries out of it. Can't understand why Ireland kicked the ball to John Bull at the end to give them one more go at us. Fucking madness given how many penalties we gave away.
  12. B

Referendum on Family & Care

I saw one or two Yes Yes posters on lampposts up by me and one asking people to vote No because there'll be more immigrants. Lol. Clowns to left of me, jokers to the right....here I am stuck in the middle with you.
  13. B

Where in Cork am I?

O my gawd gurl....I was there last summer...cudda been me!!!!!!!!
  14. B

Where in Cork am I?

Thought there were a few norries on this site. This is The Glen approaching from the Blackpool side heading east. Just over the hill in the distance is the North Ring Road and the fire station.
  15. B

Where in Cork am I?

16. B

Cork Lacrosse Club

Good atmosphere in fairness.
  17. B

Cork Lacrosse Club

I wonder if we'll look back on this thread in ten or twenty years time when Cork win the Olympics and think....it all started here. And we'll be having arguments about incompetence in the Lacrosse County Board and the Lacrosse Stadium debt and whether we should be fielding players with more...
  18. B

Places that won't reopen

Only about 70 restaurants left in the city now. Truly the end of days.
  19. B

De Event Centre

Sounds reasonable in fairness and it's right in the middle of the city. Could it be that the other Cork hotels are feeling the pinch as the cheaper Premier Inn takes their business? Maldron and Clayton/Clarion hotels are owned by Dalata Hotel Group who own 53 other hotels and are as...
  20. B

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Just grateful they won yesterday. Losing would have been gut wrenching and for all Pat Ryan's strong hints that he doesn't give a shit about the league, like winning, losing is a habit too. We needed that.