Search results

1. R

When Sport feels like a death in the family

82 and 83 were the killer ones alright Imigrant. All those wides from frees in the wind in 83 when John Fenton wasn’t given any of them. More self-indulgently West Brom failing to beat Bristol fucking Rovers on the last day of the season and being relegated to the pub league of the third division.
  2. R

The Hurling Thread

Ref has lost it.
  3. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It was interesting to see Cathal McCarthy being given the licence to play an attacking role like he does at Sars. Broke down for him a few times. Work in progress. William Buckley was excellent until taking a fairly serious clip from Carey. Conor o’Callaghan looked very solid throughout...
  4. R

What football stadiums have you been to?

Hasn’t any of you philistines ventured as far as that Maracana of the Midlands, The Hawthorns? And let me tell you nothing beats heading to Feethams home of Darlington in midweek for a thrilling one nil win. Think it’s now a cricket ground.
  5. R

English Football Championship Thread

Was at the Baggies game with Boro yesterday. Troubled times for Albion. Selling players for peanuts and not recycling the money for players. Owner taking money out on loans and not refunding it. Dara O’Shea gone for £7m while Nathan Collins costs £22m. Even tried to sell keeper to Luton totally...
  6. R

Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Always enjoy your contributions leeside_rebel but the days when the Cork hurling panel was the only holy grail for young hurlers are long gone. If this cock-up happened you might get everyone to return but some will be pissed off or their parents will be pissed off and we may lose out on them if...
  7. R

2023 Premier SHC

Those who thought there was a poor standard in the game between O’Neills and Douglas obviously weren’t around for the first match. Bishopstown reduced to trying potshots from the halfback line in order to score. Couldn’t penetrate the Blackrock defence at all. If this is their general form...
  8. R

Cork Camogie 2022

For a day that didn’t start out all that auspiciously what a great ending. Arrived at the Red Cow to see hordes of red jerseys only to discover Man U are in town. This brings relative chaos with it because with their ingrained sense of superiority they think it’s their entitlement to queue jump...
  9. R

2023 Premier SHC

Glen were haunted to be level at halftime. The fact they didn’t kick on in second half was a surprise. Wondering if young Cork seniors heading Stateside and returning relatively late is going to be a particular factor for clubs this year. Don’t know if that’s happened with the Glen but I’ve...
  10. R

The Hurling Thread

What a performance from Limerick in the second half. Guided by the maestro that is Cian Lynch. Back to his best. He is the key difference in my view of Limerick’s performances in Munster and their showing yesterday. His long term injury gave the rest a bit more of a chance. He brought players...
  11. R

Cork Camogie 2022

Chloe Sigerson was all you say but whatever pace she had has gone now unfortunately. Was targeted yesterday and that would be be even more the case against Waterford who have absolute hares around the middle. No way should she or will she be replacing any of Coppinger, Mackey, Cahalane, Hayes...
  12. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Thanks very much for that Maw Maw. An insomniac’s dream! Great interview, great man. How lucky are the young lads in Na Piarsaigh. Could listen to him all night. Definitely undervalued and underused by the powers that be in the GAA. A life that could make for a Hollywood movie and it all just...
  13. R

Cork Camogie 2022

Looks like a case of somebody else carrying more of a grievance than the child. Some of the quotations being attributed to Fiona don’t read like they come from a young teenager at all. Not nice to see a young girl being exposed like that. There’s probably little doubt things might have been...
  14. R

Wimbledon 2023

Naive in the extreme. Nobody is claiming Djokovic hadn’t any talent but please. Sure he won the least rated major at the age of twenty one but it took another three years to add another. What did he figure out in the meantime? His rushing to the defence of the banned Halep and Sharapova on...
  15. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’ve spent two days going around with a certain narrative in my head off, ‘my God, we lost two away matches to top teams by a point each.‘ Telling myself how we are so close. But one thing we are not close to is managing games out. We generally lose tight matches And have done so for years...
  16. R

Killeagh GAA fundraiser

Top class Vlad. My club hadn’t forwarded it so appreciate knowing where to go.
  17. R

Cork u20 Hurling 2023

Was at the match and that was my feeling too. Clare were prepared to die with their boots on and Cork management should have been ready for an onslaught and weren’t. So many positives from the game though especially key performances from so called lesser lights and leadership in every line of...
  18. R

Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Cheers for that.
  19. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Fantastic achievement to come up with a performance like that with a six day turnaround. Of course Tipp were more composed as a unit because they had way more time to prepare for this. I’d rather have our problems than theirs though. Seven goals conceded in two games and they made Deccie look...
  20. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lynskey was some boyo. A genuine hard man. As far as I remember Hartnett was one of the many Cork lads carrying injuries that day. As he was heading down the wing Lynskey had him sized up from afar and clearly came thundering in to do damage with a would be shoulder/elbow. Hartnett along with...