Search results

1. S

The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

the players have left klopp and the fans down sadly. I guess they switched off mentally knowing he was leaving at the end of the season. didn't we see something similar with fergie before he reversed his decision and stayed on longer? maybe i am misremembering.
  2. S

The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

i see rashers has been moaning that people are too mean. he'd want to grow up. surely there's no way he makes the england squad for the euros? throw him in the bin i'd say. i'd take £25m.
  3. S

a meek end it looks like
  4. S

Thomas Pynchon Question.

Is Gravity's Rainbow worth a read? I wonder if it hasn't dated significantly.
  5. S

The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

delighted to see arsenal out as arteta is an odious prick. lol @ arsenal.
  6. S

John O'Shea Republic of Ireland Football Manager

stolen valour! only messing I'm not immune to the same for a sake of a bit. I'm slightly surprised that not too many are picking up on how canham stated that the new manager would be announced in early April. not "hopefully" or "the expectation is to", rather an outright guarantee. I think...
  7. S

things british people love

can we somehow stop the thread now? the majority of the responses haven't been as amusing as my OP.
  8. S

have to say i've never come across this in the UK. maybe it's a north of england thing?
  9. S

the fear of latch on

it would put you off engaging with a dodgy looking sort. people should offer no latch on guarantee.
  10. S

I speak here for and of the (often) silent majority - certainly those south of say yorkshire, so all of southern england and wales. the monarchy nuclear submarines and the tridents specifically the army in general sausages cooked such that their is the merest hint of a thin light brown...
  11. S

i logged on here to ask when people think he will be back. i'd say after this weekend?
  12. S

lolpool.
  13. S

when you think a new coach has signed but he's moved to deny that's amorim.
  14. S

Famous Films You Haven't Seen

i haven't watch any of the MCU bar the first guardians of the galaxy. never say never as i now have children but zero interest on my side. another one for titanic, have seen bits and pieces totalling maybe 1/3 of the movie. lawrene of arabia remains unseen.
  15. S

The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

just popped in to say lol @ man u. as you were.
  16. S

kells had a bit of swagger and confidence about him. much better passer, i think i remember baz booting at least one long ball straight out of play. not enough shots on target across boths games to make a judgement there... bar the free of course.
  17. S

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

it (anatomy of a fall) is mainly in foreign though. i've watched the first maybe 20 mins but haven't had a proper go at it yet (that music was driving me mad which I realise is intentional!). of this seasons oscar nom nom noms I've watched flower moon, the holdovers and Oppie. I'll take in...
  18. S

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

i rewatched nightcrawler the other night having first seen it back in 2014/2015 or so. i think i enjoyed even more this time around. jake gyllenhall plays a guy who falls into a career as a 'stringer' - a cameraman who shows up at crime scenes/traffic incidents by listening in on a police...
  19. S

I'd say it's a fairly close call between the keepers (Baz and Kelleher I mean) - I'd expect they'll get 1 game each over these friendlies. Good to see Szmodics on board, 27 goals this season for a struggling Blackburn side is impressive. I watched him the other night against Newcastle and he...
  20. S

The Old College Bar.

looking at and sometimes even talking to other people's girlfriends. sneaking cans in from galvins to save a few pennies. hatching plans for pranks on the crusty old dean. simpler times.