Search results

1. G

Unpopular Things You Think Are Good

Aeroplane food.
  2. G

Name That Poster in 1

3. G

Ever Been Fired?

Back in my student days, I once had a job that entailed packing beer cans into boxes. On the second day, I asked a fella that I'd gotten friendly with, if he fancied going for a pint on the lunch break. Turns out that we weren't allowed to leave company premises during working hours, and the...
  4. G

How Was Your 2023 M8s?

This year has been an adventure, but the last 6 months of 2023, have probably been the happiest I've been in a couple of decades. For that, I'm giving it 10/10. How was your 2023 m8s?
  5. G

If You Bought a Pub - What Would you Call it?

For me it would be. "One for the Road".
  6. G

Should Bumnal Softie Mayday be allowed back?

Willi Wonka is too stupid, soft and angry and his head is upside down. I honestly can't bear to look at his ugly mush for one day longer, tbphwy. Better the devil you know?
  7. G

National Stereotypes That are Actually True

Irish - pissheads English - no craic Indians - liars Scottish - tightfisted Dutch - rude Chinese - shy Americans - loud Koreans - pissheads Egyptians - thick French - Effeminate
  8. G

Near Death Experience?

Have you ever had a near death experience? I've had two. 1. A car accident (brakes completely failed when driving on a large motorway) 2. Almost drowned (wasn't able to swim at the time) In both incidents, I genuinely thought I was brown bread.
  9. G

Chat GPT

What's the story like? Love it, loathe it? You wot m8?
  10. G

Most Dislikable Football Pundits

In no particular order: 1. Gary Neville 2. Rio Ferdinand 3. Steve McManaman 4. Danny Murphy 5. Michael Owen 6. Owen Hargreaves 7. Jermaine Jenas 8. Robbie Savage 9. Richard Sadlier 10. All females
  11. G

No Stress Job/Pay Irrelevant?

Alright m8s. If you were in a position a few years down the line, where you were quite financially secure, what job would you do? Criteria is - pay is irrelevant, no stress and a bonus is, if you actually get enjoyment from what you are doing. Thoughts and opinions, lads and lassies?
  12. G

Best Ending Ever to a Movie?

Long Good Friday?
  13. G

RIP Gianluca Vialli

Former Chelsea striker and manager Gianluca Vialli, who played 59 times for Italy, has died at the age 58. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2017 but said in April 2020 that he had been given the all-clear. Vialli was re-diagnosed in 2021 and in December 2022 left a role with Italy's...
  14. G

How Was Your 2022?

As we are about to head into the New Year, how would you rate your 2022? Mine started off a bit shite and got steadily worse for a few reasons. However, young GM is nothing if not resilient and the last 2 months it's been quite a turnaround. So I'll give it 8/10. How about you m8s?
  15. G

All Time 5 a Side Team?

I see Royston picked his all time 5 a side World Cup Team earlier, which was, Zoff-McGrath-Gascgoine-Zidane-Zico. Mine would be: Yashin Maldini Cruyff Maradonna Ronaldo Nazário What’s yours m8s?
  16. G

Over 45s Football League?

After an extended spell on the couch, Gregory Mike is planning a return to full fitness for 2023. Are there any senior (45-50) fooball/soccer leagues in Cork? All the talent is definitely still there, and any slight loss of pace will be more than made up for with my experience.
  17. G

Worst thing about Aging?

Well then oldtimers???
  18. G

Paying for Personalised Videos/Messages from Celebrities/Sports Stars (memmo.me)

Anyone seen/used this platform? https://memmo.me/gb/en A place where you can pay to get a personalised message from a star. The likes of the right honourable Richard Keys and Andy Gray only charge a bargain £5 but greedy Jimmy Cricket charges £100 a pop. Hopefully there's more from our Jimmy.
  19. G

Caroline Flack Goes Bang

takes her own life at 40. https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10971333/caroline-flack-dead-love-island/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly Tragic. RIP
  20. G

Keith Chegwin Goes Bang

Damn....only 60 as well! RIP https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/1211/926566-tv-star-keith-chegwin-has-died-aged-60/