Search results

1. S

The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Absolutely every manager even close to being attainable would bring the same risk. There is absolutely no guarantees any manager will work out anywhere. Edwards is a shrewd operator. Time will tell on this but I actually quite like the profile of guy they’ve gone for on this. I can see why...
  2. S

Klopp came with a very, very good reputation and lived up to that and more. Came from a better league but Slot has done similar and is seen similarly to Klopp at Feyenoord. Time will tell. Zidane did a great job with Madrid but hasn’t taken up office anywhere else to know how good he really...
  3. S

Who should Liverpool be looking at? Who should any big club be looking at? If Edwards thinks he’s the right guy then he’s probably the right guy. He doesn’t get much wrong.
  4. S

Probably not. It probably won’t be small either but it will depend on what the club generate in transfers but I’d be expecting the club to be clever in the market as opposed to being obvious. This. This is exactly it. There’s not a wealth of managerial talent in the world. We are saying...
  5. S

No. We wouldn’t be pushing City for titles(and won every trophy) if he was a liability.
  6. S

There’s a big difference between defending Trent in the context of saying that the team will find it hard to win games with him in the team and hyping him up. I am well aware of his defensive frailties but I also am well aware of his clear attacking class. I wouldn’t be shocked if Slot has a...
  7. S

Halfway through the Arsenal game. Stats never tell a perfect picture and I’m clear on the fact he has frailties defensively but to say we will find it hard to win most games with Trent is simply laughable and the facts above back that up. That said, would not be shocked to see him play...
  8. S

We all know facts aren’t your thing but those read as 27 wins from 38 and 9 draws since Trent inverted into midfield. 2 defeats which is now at 4 since recent slump. So either Trent has been doing his defensive duties somewhere or you can actually win games despite having a full back who won’t...
  9. S

This doesn’t include the recent slump, Trent actually wasn’t on the pitch when Palace scored but it’s up until the start of the April. The record speaks for itself. Some disastrous stats those are! Edit: It began when 2-0 down to Arsenal at Anfield last season. Not before 2-0, Klopp changed...
  10. S

He played inverted in mid. And if we are picking out games where Liverpool lost to have a go at him then we will have a lot more examples of picking out examples of him doing great things from games they won. Just so happens a lot more of those players or managers tend to agree with my opinion...
  11. S

His words were that Trent is a “total liability.” I don’t believe that at all. His attacking strengths have far more often outweighed his defensive weaknesses. And he’s brilliant in the inverted role in midfield. I think we’ve lost something like 4 PL games in over 40 games since he took up...
  12. S

The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

It’s the hope that kills you m8s. That said, City do struggle at Spurs. That’s the game!
  13. S

Yep, because the opinion of a nobody on a local forum counts for more than those who have played and are involved with the game at the highest level for years. Next.
  14. S

Did they make these for United in September too? Pity they didn’t get those signings in January to help push that title challenge over the line.
  15. S

There’s major pressure on any team trying to compete with City for a title because you basically have to win every game. Just look at Arsenal last season and even this season to see how each game brings so much pressure to win it. United haven’t competed with City properly for you to know this.
  16. S

Nailed on. Everyone using hindsight to try pick holes in anything possible but if anything Klopp’s departure announcement probably led to the squad getting this far into a title race. The wins with half a team of kids were incredible. The win at Forest did make people believe it might just...
  17. S

:lol!: And the two boyos liking it just to really rub it in. What they don’t realise is that the 30 years we were so often mocked about will become their own fate and longer, in good time. And as long as City are pumping money in with no rules to abide by, nobody else might win any league title!
  18. S

My first thought when I read this was: Are we safe for top 4?
  19. S

Spot on there. We are the third best team in the league. No shame in it, it’s just about where I’d have expected this group to finish at the start of the season. Second at a push but Arsenal have been superior in most aspects of their game too.
  20. S

Likewise. All tonight has done is just confirm that we will no longer be part of the title race but I didn’t see us winning it after losing to Palace anyway. Even the draw at United felt like the end for it. And now it becomes the Klopp farewell tour. In the end it was a good thing the kids...