Search results

1. V

Laser eye surgery

Has anyone here had this done or know of someone who's done it? Usual questions.Where did you get it done? Cost? Discomfort? How's it been since the procedure etc.
  2. V

Negril,Jamaica or Cape Town

So basically myself and 3 others are planning on spending the month of January in one of these places but we are split on which to pick.Anyone with any experience of either?
  3. V

How well do you know the world?

http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/20131206-how-well-do-you-know-the-world-play-geoguessr-to-find-out I scored 5,459.
  4. V

Tefl

I'm thinking of a career change and maybe doing a TEFL course.Any proccers have any experience of this or know anyone who has done one?
  5. V

Sending tobacco by post

Anyone here know whats the deal with sending tobacco by post.I bought 2 180g bags today in Hungary and I want to send them to a friend of mine in Ireland.I've been looking for info on the net but I've not found a clear answer!!
  6. V

Fridge query

Ill be away from the gaff for 6 weeks.Not sure what to do with the fridge.unplug it and clean it out or will it be ok unattended?
  7. V

Rowing Machines

I've a question for the health conscious folk here.Can anyone recommend a rowing machine for tall people (i'm 6'5) My local gym uses Body Sculpture ones but I find them uncomfortable to use.
  8. V

Best laptop for CAD

I'm looking for a laptop with a dedicated graphics card to run CAD programs.Which would be the best laptop or desktop for this or would I be better off getting a new card for my current laptop,a HP Pavillion dv5.My budget is around 500 euro.
  9. V

Rosetta Stone

Downloaded a R.S torrent recently but its proving to be a bitch to open.just wondering if its happened to anyone here or if anyone has any advice on what to do.
  10. V

Taser's

The younger brother is coming back from the states tomorrow.He has a taser for me.If he puts it into his check in luggage what are the chances of him getting caught??
  11. V

terror t-shirt

im heading to america in a fortnight and i think im going to wear this going through airport security.
  12. V

men/women you dont find attractive but everyone else does

men/women you dont find attractive but everyone else does came up in conversation over the weekend.one of the buddies doesnt find eva longoria attractive at all whereas i reckon a JCB wouldnt get me off her.however i dont fancy kylie minogue at all but i guess most other fellas would.so ladies...
  13. V

HiFi speakers

im after buying a fatman i-tube valve amp and i would like to get a decent set of speakers to get the most from it.can anyone here thats into their audio help me with what make to get.
  14. V

has anyone here studied in the usa??

im thinking of going over for a 2 year certificate in sept.just want to know if ye managed to get grants and if so where did ye go.the story im getting from the VEC is i might get something if it was in europe but not america.
  15. V

broken input jack problem

ok the input jack on my beloved gretsch has come loose inside the body and anyone with a hollowbody guitar will know this isnt an easy problem to fix.anyone here know anyone who could fix it.i remember a guy from carrigaline being mentioned here a few times.
  16. V

Ireland has 3rd highest broadband speeds in Europe!!!!

Have to say this report came as a bit of a shock. http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10434930-94.html
  17. V

what do nuns do all day????

:confused::confused:
  18. V

the new PROC tops

the retrogael cork hoodie and the 1970's cork tracksuit top look cool.i think im going to invest in the 70's tracksuit top for xmas.
  19. V

Removing Moss

Hello Guys/Girls.I need some advice on how to remove moss off of tarmac.Our driveway is covered in the stuff.anyone else have similar problems??
  20. V

Top Gear

Ive been out of the country for a while and just seen the latest episode now.when did it become crap??