Search results

1. D

coal

Where's a good spot to buy coal I wonder? Wesht of town, Bishopstown sort of area maybe.
  2. D

A good spot in west cork...

Picking up a young lady in Skibb on Friday night. Probably go for a few shandies somewhere (I'll be driving). Suitable venue would ideally be: 1) Near, but not in Skibbereen (for purposes of anonymity). 2) Bit of nice music going on, oul man with accordion, guitar, singalong, that sort of...
  3. D

Where to buy tyres

Where's a good place to buy tyres?
  4. D

UFO 2am New years morning.

Around 2am on New Year's morning I saw a slow flying fire coloured thing heading wesht over Bandon. Same trajectory and speed as say a helicopter, though prolly a bit slower. There was no noise from it. Firey in property, though not as animated as one might've expected fire to be. No drink...
  5. D

Scrapyard forced to close

The best scrapyard in the county used to be big Sean Murphy's out in the Ballincollig/Ovens area... maybe around 1000 cars spread over several fields... go in with your tools and take the part you wanted (if you could find it). It was a great place for picking up bargain car parts (obviously...
  6. D

Does anyone want a go on my piano?

... well I think it's the least I could do considering all the kind offers that I've had to play on other people's pianos.
  7. D

xmas volunteering

Interested in doing a bit of volunteering on xmas day. Suspect Simon + SVDP need application forms etc which'll take time to process. Wonder if anyone needs volunteers on a less formal basis.
  8. D

Can I have a go on your piano?

I don't know anyone with a piano at the moment, but it'd be nice to play one. I'm not a great player (though I do have a few nice pieces), it'd be more like a practice session, and if one or two people want to listen in then fine, but reeeeally, they shouldn't be expecting too much. Around...
  9. D

when did you last blush?

I'd say it's been 3 or 4 years since I blushed (did something dodgy at work - though don't remember what - anyway got found out). How long since you went all red?
  10. D

aw look at...

...the moon. It's a nice crescent shape, and there's a little star hanging onto the ass of it... (it's to the southwest, low in the sky)
  11. D

tivy totty wee wee bigjob

As v young kids, me and my sisters used these words for the various parts of the male and female anatomy, and the excretions therefrom. tivy totty wee wee bigjob What were the 4 corresponding dirty words that you started off with?
  12. D

pubs with preservation orders

Dan Lowry's on McCurtain st.. a lovely little pub. I wonder if it's the only pub around with a preservation order on it?
  13. D

roof racks

You never see them anymore do you. (cept for carrying surfboards etc etc)
  14. D

Any genuine scumbags out there?

On the wireless the other morning they were saying it costs $190,000 a year to keep someone in jail here... in other words what it might cost to employ about 6 nurses. Now I know we're all langers, but are there any genuine scumbags on here?.. ..the kind of person for example who's always in...
  15. D

They've topped off the tower..

Just watched them adding the communications mast to the Elitesian tower (or whatever it's called). They lifted the 15m mast in one piece from the back of an artic, raised it way above the tower itself, swung it out over the city hall car park, and lowered it on to the top of the tower. Never...
  16. D

wonder who's in town

Very impressive black merc parked on McCurtain st tonight. UK Reg 18 T... though doctored to look like "1 BT". So probably £100k motor + £40k reg plate. Just wondering if any langer knows who the big langer is...
  17. D

Audio equivalent of youtube

youtube's great, but sometimes, I have no interest in video, and would love a website where people post their own music/sounds/voice. Anyone know any huge repositories on the web that specialize in audio only (with the same ease of upload/download as yt) Thx Del