Search results

1. D

Ghedalia Tazartes at the Triskel this Friday

Haven't heard much mention of this around the place so figured I'd throw a thread up here. I'll never forget the first time I heard Tazartes and having that feeling of just being totally flattened and buzzing for days after. So unique, mysterious, outside of anything else I'd ever heard (or have...
  2. D

BLACK SUN: Crank Sturgeon + ID M Theft Able, Nov 20th

Crank Sturgeon: Ordained minister and usurper of plateau monoculture, Sturgeon has been active in the wandering peripheries of noise and performance art since 1992. Combining the foundations set forth by the Dadaists, Joseph Beuys, and Allan Kaprow, Crank’s simultaneously caustic and...
  3. D

VOMIR, BSBF, Des Amis Du Crime - Pavilion Feb 26th

* Note: Early show ... doors 7.30pm, end 10.30pm * The Pavilion February 26, 2011. Dotdotdot presents: VOMIR BLUE SABBATH BLACK FIJI LA SOCIETE DES AMIS DU CRIME DOORS 7.30 (END 10.30) ADMISSION €10 Vomir may well be the most extreme gig ever to come to Cork, with a sound built of layer...
  4. D

Estel/Steve Mackay (STOOGES) Fri 20th Cyprus Ave

edit: competition below to win some estel/steve mackay cd's - ESTEL + STEVE MACKAY (STOOGES) - BRAINS - HOOKER NO. 1 (Graham Lynch - Rest) - VOMIT NEST (Steve Barry - Rest) Records by YOKO - Or Nearest Offer ... 'Deathless Dirges Dancing Down Dream-Drapes' Venue: Cyprus Avenue Date: Friday...
  5. D

Black Sun "DJ" night - Vineyard. June 4th

hey all, as a warm up for the sudden infant gig on the 22nd and a sorta first birthday celebration, there's gonna be a few folks spinning some tunes in the vineyard next friday Black Sun presents its first ever dj night on June 4th, 9pm at the Vineyard. Expect a range of experimental and...
  6. D

Larkin Grimm - LV, Fri 6th Oct

Friday October 6th Larkin Grimm, Rising Appalachia, United Bible Studies 9pm The LV, Cork €8 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Larkin Grimm "Larkin Grimm (now based in Providence, RI) was born in a Memphis, TN commune and grew up in...
  7. D

Nalle/Ben Reynolds/Quiet Club - LV 7th August

Nalle Nalle formed in the summer of 2004 and is based in Glasgow. The band features Hanna Tuulikki (vocals, kantele, flutes), Aby Vulliamy (viola) and Chris Hladowski (bouzouki, clarinet). All three group members also perform with Scatter, and Chris and Aby also play in The One Ensemble of...