Search results

1. S

The Official Tennis Thread

Feel bad for the Czech player, Voracova. She gets her medical exemption and visa approved, arrives and plays in a tournament and now gets rounded up and deported, because Mitchell and the feds are trying to show they didn't discriminate against Djokovic. But at least she now gets to leave that...
  2. S

I assume they tested positive right? Common sense prevailed in that case. There was no vaccine mandate right? Like in the Premier League, the NFL, the NBA, and pretty much ever sporting event on the planet. Like Cork will play Clare on Saturday in Miltown-Malbay and there will be a mix of...
  3. S

He was medically cleared to play. Plenty of people I know don't want to be vaccinated. I work with some every day in an office environment, that's their choice. It's not of my business once they socially distance, wear masks, etc. This a a slippery slope when federal government are over-ruling...
  4. S

What a shitshow from the Australian government. Imagine having to live there at the moment, now onder they are losing their collective shit. When to comes to leadership, Scott Morrison makes our Leo look like Winston Churchill. The five players already in Australia with an exemption must be...
  5. S

No doubt Jamie Murray, brother of Andy Murray who lost 4 Australian Open finals to Djokovic, and now this Daily Mail columnist, Joseph Buchdahl, renowed author of 'Squares and Sharps, Suckers & Sharks: Science, Psychology and Philosophy of Gambling' fame, will have a greater insight on medical...
  6. S

Who are 'they? Tennis Australia don't make the decisions on medical exemptions. If it was up to them, the Australian Open wouldn't have had the strict mandate on vaccines/medical exemptions in the first place, like every other sporting tournament on the planet. The exemptions decisions are...
  7. S

Glad that the medical experts in Australia have allowed Nole, and others with similar medical exemptions, to play in Melbourne.
  8. S

Official NFL Thread 2021/2022

The complexion has kinda flipped around again. A month ago, I would have said the NFC was stronger, now I'm not so sure. Dallas don't convince me at all. The Rams are loaded on paper, but look soft to me, and I wouldn't trust Stafford in a big spot. The Buccaneers have Brady but are beat up...
  9. S

The official Lufc Thread

Leeds should be fine. Will get players back soon and the fixtures ease up. Watford and Norwich are shite. Reckon its between Burnley and Newcastle for the last relegation spot. Burnley were really poor today and now lose Cornet to the AFCON. Newcastle will spend, but their first task is to...
  10. S

Premier League 21/22

The state of Tuchel after the game last night, complaining about injuries and Covid absentees, when he had £230 million of talent on the bench. "How should Chelsea compete in the title race?" is laughable Must be a German managerial thing to act so entitled all the time, given Klopp's earlier...
  11. S

Premier League 21/22

Norwich fans don't like his attitude in general and a lot of them want him gone. He didn't play, but they didn't like that he was too pally with the Chelsea players after losing 7-0 at Stamford Bridge, he's a bad fit (too lightweight ) in their side for what they need in a relegation battle...
  12. S

English Football Championship Thread

You'd think so, but his contract is up in the summer. He had 17 goals in 133 games as Ben Brereton, discovers a bit of Chilean heritage and suddenly he knocks in 20 goals in 24 as Ben Brereton-Diaz :oops:
  13. S

Sporar is adding goals to his all round play. Be good to see 'Boro go up. Need more northern clubs in the Prem. Blackburn are flying. Interesting to see what they decide to do with Brereton-Diaz, if someone comes in with a £15-20m offer in the window.
  14. S

Official NFL Thread 2021/2022

Madden's presence on Sunday and Monday Night Football broadcast was a huge part in the growing popularity of the game. He lived a great life, travelling around on the bus to games, stopping off in small-town America. People could relate to him. Peter King's Sports Illustrated article is...
  15. S

Coronavirus In Sport

Surprisingly (not really) strong teams named by Brentford and Leicester tonight, considering they couldn't field a team due to COVID four days ago.
  16. S

The official Lufc Thread

Mad that just because your squad has a 100% vaccination rate against a pandemic, you still have to fulfil a fixture even when you are down to 9 senior players (now 8 with Harrison out) whilst other clubs, with lower vaccination rates get their games called off. Yeah, injuries are not...
  17. S

The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

I don't have the first idea what was said, racially or otherwise, who said it and by how many? Neither do you, yet you call a fanbase 'racist scumbags'?
  18. S

You equat that to calling an entire fanbase 'racist scumbags'? Enjoy your 'win' over an under 23 team. Heavy defeat or not, I doubt the Leeds fans will take to social media to racially abuse any of their own players after the game.
  19. S

???
  20. S

Usually doesn't take long for the wheel to be completed.