Search results

1. L

Irish Pension Question.

🙂 Help appreciated here folks. An Irish friend of mine here in Malaga wants to retire. He worked full-time in Cork from 1977-1992 ie 15 years. Anyone know how much he would be entitled to from the Irish govt per month? This amount would be taken from his Spanish entitlement so he's not sure if...
  2. L

Lou Gossett Jnr.

Rest In Peace. Brilliant in "An Officer And A Gentleman" and "Roots".
  3. L

Douglas Court.

🤔 Reading that Anthony O Leary has bought it. The article says "formerly of O Leary Insurances". Any one know if the family have actually left the former family owned business?
  4. L

LOG OUT

🤔 In the last few days the log out option has disappeared from my mobile so I'm constantly logged in. Has this happened to anyone else here? Help in resolving this would be appreciated folks.
  5. L

Bishopstown

🤔 I lived there for some years in the 1980s/90s and it was quite a vibrant suburb back then. Three good pubs etc. I've been told that nowadays it's fairly dead. Any particular reasons for it's decline?
  6. L

Banhalla.

🙂 Hi everyone. Good to be back from there.
  7. L

Randy Meisner RIP.

Another Eagle gone. Rest In Peace.
  8. L

Trevor Francis RIP

Died of a heart attack in Marbella at 69 years of age. England's first £1m player. Rest In Peace.
  9. L

Happy Patrick's Day.

🙂 Have a good one! 🍻🍻
  10. L

Cork Insurance Brokerage Sold.

🤔 This could be old news at this stage but I was reading that O'Leary Insurances has been sold for a huge sum. This was a family owned business founded by the late Arthur O'Leary and subsequently run by his son Anthony. What's going to happen to the staff does anyone know? They were always...
  11. L

Raquel Welch RIP.

Fine looking woman in her day. Rest In Peace.
  12. L

Cork Cinemas.

🤔 Was chatting to a Dubliner the other day and he told me that you can't enjoy a film in the cinema in Dublin now. He said that most people who go are shouting, fighting or riding. What's it like in Cork?
  13. L

Social Security Question

🤔 An Irish person I know in Malaga wants to retire next year. The SS here have asked him to show proof of his years paying SS in Ireland. Could anyone please tell me how he should go about getting the relevant papers? Is there a web page that explains the procedure? Help on this would be...
  14. L

Jerry Holland RIP

Former Cork Con, Wanderers, Munster, Leinster and Ireland lock forward Jerry Holland aged 66, passed away on Sunday. Rest In Peace.
  15. L

CSN Halcyon Days.

😊 Great school and teachers. Loads of stories to be told about the school that produced Jimmy Barry-Murphy. CCR can f..k off. Can't remember the poster's name but it's not important!😉
  16. L

Phil Bennett.

Rest In Peace.
  17. L

PROC Email Notifications

🤔 Help appreciated. I haven't enabled them on my account but I'm still receiving loads of them, usually on a daily basis. How can stop receiving them please?
  18. L

Lee Dunne

🤔 Have any of you read any of his books? Apparently he was Ireland's most banned writer in the 1960s and 70s. "Goodbye To The Hill" and "Paddy Maguire Is Dead" are excellent reads imo.
  19. L

Alan Lancaster RIP.

Former Status Quo bassist passed away the other day. R.I.P.
  20. L

TV Programmes that...

You loved as a teenager/young adult that are no more. Two of mine. "Hill Street Blues" & M.A.S.H."