Search results

1. C

Cork Cabby Capers Joke Thread

Artic lorry Driver after driving a few hours through the Night. Pulled into a layby around Eight in the Morning. After about Ten Minutes a knock at the Drivers Window. A jogger asking the time The Driver said it Ten Minutes after Eight O Clock. Laid back again then another Ten Minutes passed...
  2. C

Cork Cabby Capers

Just to keep people laughing l am starting my own Thread. l hope this one is liked as much as the last few. Ha Ha l am laughing allready, This fellow went into a Pub as big and long as Marks & Spencers on Merchents Quay.He was at the Bar asking for a drink the Bar Man said you have enough and...
  3. C

Cork Cabby Capers

l replied to a post by Rheto Rick recently regarding his trip in A Taxi. But of course the reply disappeared. But his post is still up now where did my reply go.Why l am on about this is because it was disgraceful.The Adm and the Editor seem to dont mind what Rheto Rick posted. Yet its...
  4. C

Cork Cabby Capers

A good Christmas present is a Copy of Cork Cabby Capers the book l wrote about Driving Taxi/Hackney Cabs around Cork Down through the years. A donation from every book sold go towards the Alzheimers Foundation. l only sell the book from my Taxi. l will post or deliver. l can be contacted by...
  5. C

Cork Cabby Capers

Cannot find the Joke Thread. So l have to put in on here. Two very good friends Whacker from Gurran and padraig from Montenotte. Did not see one another for a few weeks and met down in Pana by the Savoy after that time. Padraig said to Whacker hey boy where have you been l did not see you for a...
  6. C

Cork Cabby Capers

This is a book l have written about driving Taxi & Hackney Cabs down the years regarding incidents I have come across- some very funny. l am selling this book from my Taxi Now with Christmas approaching it would be a nice present. Every book sold the Alzheimers Foundation get a Donation and as...
  7. C

cork cabby capers

This is a book I have written about some very funny. some funny, some just incidents that happened down through the years while driving Taxi and Hackney cabs. EXAMPLE, Taking this woman from Dunnes Stores in Pana up to hollyhill, As we were going up gurranabraher some Corporation Workers were...
  8. C

Cork Cabby Capers

This is a book l have written about some very funny, some funny, some just incidents that happened down through the years while driving Taxi and Hackney Cabs around Cork. Each book sold the Alzheimers Foundation get a donation. Over 7OO books have been sold to date the Books can only be bought...
  9. C

Cork Cabby Capers

Cork Cabby Capers is a book about incidents some very funny, some funny,some incidents that happened while driving around Cork during the last few years while driving Taxi and Hackney Cabs. Every book sold the Alzheimers Foundation get a donation. Email happycabby@gmail,com
  10. C

Cork Cabby Capers

I would like to thank the undermentioned for a wonderful evening we all had at our meeting of the GOOD HUMOUR CLUB. Actually it was material I brought to the meeting that was printed on PROC. So I told the meeting I will have more material for the next time I will meet them. So lads come on pile...
  11. C

Cork Cabby Capers

Re to a follow up of a post I entered the other day re The Marathon .Its nice to be nice. Why are some people so vulger and nasty towards one another. The people of Cork have a very good name re Friendly Helpful Etc. Now we hear this from Visitors Tourists which is great but we have to do more...
  12. C

Cork Cabby Capers

One morning I was passing the Bridewell down in the Coal Quay when I heard a load of shouting and roaring. I stopped my Cab to see what was going on there was this fellow shouting at the Garda standing on the Bridewell steps saying you locked me up all night and you expect me to go home without...
  13. C

Cork Cabby Capers

I was after dropping this person out to Dunnes Stores in Ballyvvolane and as I was coming back towards Dillons Cross a Girl jumped out of the crowd that was waiting for the bus and flagged me down to stop she got in my Cab she said take me down town quick for I am late for work I said its not...
  14. C

Cork Cabby Capers

I Went to 96fm to collect people that phoned for a Taxi, when I got there to my surprise there was Paddy Kielty from TV Fame and his Manager, I said good morning Paddy Boy and welcome to cork. They told me they were going over to RTE and they would be down in a few Minutes. When they got in the...
  15. C

Cork Cabby Capers

I got a call on the radio to go to the Metropole Hotel to collect A Mr Murphy When in got to the hotel I got out of the Taxi and there was alot of people standing out side the Hotel I shouts out Cab for Mr Murphy and this Black Man said thats me boy. We were on our way out the South Link Road...
  16. C

Cork Cabby Capers

I was travelling to carrigtwohill and Minister Martin was talking on the Radio on 96FM, I had a passenger in my Taxi and he was mad laughing at the way The Minister was talking about AMGEN. The passenger said the story about AMGEN was and why it is postponed is The construction workers were...
  17. C

Cork Cabby Capers

As all Taxi Drivers know the City Manager has made a mess of the City Regarding Parking Etc. But what s new with this Manager when not too long ago he tried to enforce a Park and Ride in the Mayfield Area. But he lost out on this. Personnally I dont think he know where Mayfield is like the...
  18. C

Cork Cabby Capers

Travelling to the lough area with people I collected in Pana We were listening to the dabate of the Delegates going forward for the General Election at the Ambassodor Hotel on 96FM All the delegates were from the South Side and of course the Langer himself Mr Prendville Chaired the meeting. The...