Cork Minor Football 2024

These boys are still very young, so that I’m hesitant in saying too much.

Your first sentence summed it up perfectly for me. Kerry just better at kicking the football.

Cork stuck in the mud round midfield/half forward line. Options inside and they not being hit with the ball. At some stages cork would counter quickly to then change into lateral passing once they get to Kerry 65. Very very strange.
I was shocked Whelton at 12 was taken off, he was one of my top performers up to then. Must surely have been injured.

We thought O Neill got turned over a huge amount and took the wrong option a couple of times. Naturally primed to try for goals which is promising though. He did better later in the game when things opened up a bit. Looks an exciting prospect. Got little help as rest of the forwards other than Whelton had off days and non existent really. The Dohenys Elton Lehanes son looked lively when he came on.

Miskella Anon. Dwyer anon bar the very soft penalty. Haulie’s ex team mates. Cogan quiet. 3 big Cork football names there.

Thought O Shea midfield looked like a tasty 2 footed player. Impressed with our full back line too which was solid and keeper made a super stop in 2nd half.

That was a poor Kerry minor team performance tonight but they still looked sharper and far more comfortable on the ball than us.
Only saw a bit of the game but I thought we looked really small compared to Kerry or was it my imagination?

I thought we looked a bit dodgy when Kerry put a bit of a press on too and again that was down the lacking size to mind the ball. Was a greasy night too which maybe didn’t help.

To be honest I was actually very disappointed with it for a minor game and lack of flowing football. Coaching is killing the game from bottom to the top now.

The quality was quite poor I think. There were 1/2 players that did not even look like footballers. They looked awkward and stuck together but I won’t name names.

On the positive, the corner forward was lively and we battled back well. If we could sort the frees and avoid a situation where we cough up 3/4 points in a row in quick succession we should still be able to rattle Kerry if we get over Clare, which there are no guarantees of

The quality was quite poor I think. There were 1/2 players that did not even look like footballers. They looked awkward and stuck together but I won’t name names.

On the positive, the corner forward was lively and we battled back well. If we could sort the frees and avoid a situation where we cough up 3/4 points in a row in quick succession we should still be able to rattle Kerry if we get over Clare, which there are no guarantees of
They should put the corner forward on the frees. He takes them for his own club.

They should put the corner forward on the frees. He takes them for his own club.
Thanks for that Joe from Rosscarbery.
Whereabouts is that corner forward from Joe?

I wasn’t at the game so watched it on TG4. Our free taker Whelton was our best player I thought and so did the TG commentatory team. Our top scorer from play too I think, not that that was any difficult task really. He must have picked up a big knock to be taken off when there was plenty others doing nothing.

I was surprised at how poor Kerry were at times, very unlike a typical Kerry team, but then remembered these boys are just 15 or 16 years old, maybe a few 17 since January.

As I’ve said on proc many times U17 is way too young for this. Some of the lads in action last night aren’t long finished weaning.
Back to U18 asap

I was at the game and sitting near 2 Clonakilty men.
O Neill is from Carbery Rangers and according to them he is an excellent free taker. As is Miskella.

I was at the game and sitting near 2 Clonakilty men.
O Neill is from Carbery Rangers and according to them he is an excellent free taker. As is Miskella.
😂😂😂😂Is he a neighbor Joe?
You’ve been posting about Carbery a lot on here but somehow you don’t know O Neill yourself one of our hottest talents underage in Cork??
Nice to hear the Clon & Ross fellas can sit beside each other!! 😜

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

19th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

DJ Rostah

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼