Cork Minor Football 2024

We struggle at every grade with kickouts. Serious lack of basic coaching not one player who can field a highball . Kerry find it easy to kick scores where as we live off scraps

Kerry the better team or at least the more fluid team.

Cork very slow working the ball put of defence. The lads looked over coached in this regard tbh, alomost like they've run patterns for months and that had to be stuck too. When one of them got their head up they were well able to find a foot pass forward and Cork were away.

The quicker we got the ball into O Neill the more dangerous we looked. To be fair whether it was a bad performance or not I couldn't tell you but not having seen them before our forwards looked to be lacking a little quality

Midfield had a good second half which is a good sign of their character after they were probably well beaten in the first half.

Kerry the better team or at least the more fluid team.

Cork very slow working the ball put of defence. The lads looked over coached in this regard tbh, alomost like they've run patterns for months and that had to be stuck too. When one of them got their head up they were well able to find a foot pass forward and Cork were away.

The quicker we got the ball into O Neill the more dangerous we looked. To be fair whether it was a bad performance or not I couldn't tell you but not having seen them before our forwards looked to be lacking a little quality

Midfield had a good second half which is a good sign of their character after they were probably well beaten in the first half.
These boys are still very young, so that I’m hesitant in saying too much.

Your first sentence summed it up perfectly for me. Kerry just better at kicking the football.

Cork stuck in the mud round midfield/half forward line. Options inside and they not being hit with the ball. At some stages cork would counter quickly to then change into lateral passing once they get to Kerry 65. Very very strange.
I was shocked Whelton at 12 was taken off, he was one of my top performers up to then. Must surely have been injured.

We thought O Neill got turned over a huge amount and took the wrong option a couple of times. Naturally primed to try for goals which is promising though. He did better later in the game when things opened up a bit. Looks an exciting prospect. Got little help as rest of the forwards other than Whelton had off days and non existent really. The Dohenys Elton Lehanes son looked lively when he came on.

Miskella Anon. Dwyer anon bar the very soft penalty. Haulie’s ex team mates. Cogan quiet. 3 big Cork football names there.

Thought O Shea midfield looked like a tasty 2 footed player. Impressed with our full back line too which was solid and keeper made a super stop in 2nd half.

That was a poor Kerry minor team performance tonight but they still looked sharper and far more comfortable on the ball than us.

These boys are still very young, so that I’m hesitant in saying too much.

Your first sentence summed it up perfectly for me. Kerry just better at kicking the football.

Cork stuck in the mud round midfield/half forward line. Options inside and they not being hit with the ball. At some stages cork would counter quickly to then change into lateral passing once they get to Kerry 65. Very very strange.
I was shocked Whelton at 12 was taken off, he was one of my top performers up to then. Must surely have been injured.

We thought O Neill got turned over a huge amount and took the wrong option a couple of times. Naturally primed to try for goals which is promising though. He did better later in the game when things opened up a bit. Looks an exciting prospect. Got little help as rest of the forwards other than Whelton had off days and non existent really. The Dohenys Elton Lehanes son looked lively when he came on.

Miskella Anon. Dwyer anon bar the very soft penalty. Haulie’s ex team mates. Cogan quiet. 3 big Cork football names there.

Thought O Shea midfield looked like a tasty 2 footed player. Impressed with our full back line too which was solid and keeper made a super stop in 2nd half.

That was a poor Kerry minor team performance tonight but they still looked sharper and far more comfortable on the ball than us.
Harry Cogan any relation to the great Frank ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:30pm

More events ▼