Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

That’s a comparison though Soundy. As id Eamon Ryan being the transport minister is as dangerous as putting Shipman in charge of old folks. It’s ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is you're trying to use my example of a bizarre appointment (I even said it at the time and highlighted it for you to try grasp subsequently) as somehow saying that putting ER in charge of transport is as dangerous as putting Shipman in charge of old folks. I never said it, nor implied it.

Edit: Would it help you to understand it more if I said it's as bizarre as appointing Roy Keane to manage Liverpool FC? I'm not suggesting that ER would have been a great soccer player or manager btw.

Last edited:
What's ridiculous is you're trying to use my example of a bizarre appointment (I even said it at the time and highlighted it for you to try grasp subsequently) as somehow saying that putting ER in charge of transport is as dangerous as putting Shipman in charge of old folks. I never said it, nor implied it.
So you see that it’s an irrelevant comment then. Fair enough.

But the Greens weren’t in Government 20 years ago and the last time they were we didn’t have a pot to piss in.

Cork doesn’t need a Luas. Not big enough or densely populated like Dublin. We do need suburban rail and more buses though. Not the Green’s biggest fans but FF and FG have had 30 years to provide this and did not.

Population density and ease of transport, accomodation, jobs etc is a chicken and egg situation. Cork most definitely needs proper public transport. We're going to be eventually given something akin to DART only it'll be 40+ years later. And while there are plenty of jobs in places like Ringaskiddy good luck trying to get public transport down there. I doubt many of the workers even in Little Island avail of public transport to get there.

Our two main third level hubs are in the south-western suburbs (great planning that was - NOT!) and the public transport to and from that area leaves much to be desired. Yes it's improved and there are some shuttle busses running but they're not always reliable.

Population density and ease of transport, accomodation, jobs etc is a chicken and egg situation. Cork most definitely needs proper public transport. We're going to be eventually given something akin to DART only it'll be 40+ years later. And while there are plenty of jobs in places like Ringaskiddy good luck trying to get public transport down there. I doubt many of the workers even in Little Island avail of public transport to get there.

Our two main third level hubs are in the south-western suburbs (great planning that was - NOT!) and the public transport to and from that area leaves much to be desired. Yes it's improved and there are some shuttle busses running but they're not always reliable.
There’s only so much money available. We should prioritise public transport that is needed right now not what might be needed in 20 years. I get the train from Little Island once a week and the trains are always busy.

There’s only so much money available. We should prioritise public transport that is needed right now not what might be needed in 20 years. I get the train from Little Island once a week and the trains are always busy.
You have to plan for the future or else it is useless and over capacity on day 01 after a long build period.

1711641632654.png

1711641645650.png

Which is why a lot more high-density development will be happening along this route like in the docklands etc.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..
More events ▼