Pubs reopening June 29th

I recently had a fireside chat with a leading politician while at an event in Adare Manor and proposed a solution to this issue.

Why not introduce a minibus system for the city pubs, similar to what they have in many country towns.

But with strict criteria, so you don't just have randomers exploiting it. For example, if you buy six pints of Rising Sons Beer then you are eligible for a spin home on the Benny Bus. But only if you stay til closing time. Can't have any lads whining at half 11 saying they want to go home as they're going sailing in the morning.

The politician I was speaking to thought it was a great idea and is all aboard the #BennyBus
You mentioned sailing, so i guess the politician was mick Barry

Serious question here -

I've a German friend in Cork for the weekend and she wants to go for a few pints tonight. I know Fredz will work as she's into her metal, but aside from that I genuinely wouldn't know where to bring a tourist in Cork City. If I had my way we'd just go to the Gables for the night but I'd feel bad not showing her the touristy places. If it was midweek I'd obviously go with the Mutton or Sin E or somewhere, but I'd say they get too jammed at the weekend.

So if you had to bring someone to one pub, which would it be? I'm thinking the Castle Inn? At least I know the Guinness will be good there.

Serious question here -

I've a German friend in Cork for the weekend and she wants to go for a few pints tonight. I know Fredz will work as she's into her metal, but aside from that I genuinely wouldn't know where to bring a tourist in Cork City. If I had my way we'd just go to the Gables for the night but I'd feel bad not showing her the touristy places. If it was midweek I'd obviously go with the Mutton or Sin E or somewhere, but I'd say they get too jammed at the weekend.

So if you had to bring someone to one pub, which would it be? I'm thinking the Castle Inn? At least I know the Guinness will be good there.
While in the Castle you might as well try the Courthouse followed by Costigans?

Serious question here -

There's a Red Hot Chili Peppers tribute act on in Fredz tonight, so stay down stairs for Christ's sake.

Serious question here -

Callanans or the Oval would get my vote. Mr Bradley's maybe?

Serious question here -

Fran well has music tonight

Serious question here -

Charlie's.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pat Fitz
Brick Lane, 1-3 South Main St.

24th Oct 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Drawing To A Close: Face Painting

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼