The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Load of shite.

As I've said before United over performed to a significant degree in 20/21. But you keep ignoring that because for some reason being right about this is highly important. And you also keep ignoring the empty stadiums that had an enormous effect on matches the year United finished second.

Ronaldo scored more goals in the EPL last year than Harry Kane, playing with McFred in midfield. If he'd have been at City he'd have probably scored double that. But for some reason I cannot put my finger on you seem to be suggesting that OGS was building a stellar squad and it was all ruined by Ronaldo, while at the same time mocking OGS for being a dog shit manager.

It wasn't Ronaldo that turned a back 4 of AWB Harry Van Dijk, Lindelof and Shaw into a shite back 4 m8. Or a midfield of McFred into players with an inability to pass the ball forward. They were already shite.

But no doubt, you'll ignore that again, and point out some lazy stats.

I got the impression from the first part that he doesn't belive that the current team knows how to be a top class footballer bar Dalot. He seems to be very like Roy Keane in his thinking and approach to the dressing room environment.

Last edited:
Load of shite.

As I've said before United over performed to a significant degree in 20/21. But you keep ignoring that because for some reason being right about this is highly important. And you also keep ignoring the empty stadiums that had an enormous effect on matches the year United finished second.

Ronaldo scored more goals in the EPL last year than Harry Kane, playing with McFred in midfield. If he'd have been at City he'd have probably scored double that. But for some reason I cannot put my finger on you seem to be suggesting that OGS was building a stellar squad and it was all ruined by Ronaldo, while at the same time mocking OGS for being a dog shit manager.

It wasn't Ronaldo that turned a back 4 of AWB Harry Van Dijk, Lindelof and Shaw into a shite back 4 m8. Or a midfield of McFred into players with an inability to pass the ball forward. They were already shite.

But no doubt, you'll ignore that again, and point out some lazy stats.

Jeebus I didn't think it would be that easy to get a rise out of ya :D

Pretty sure we've been through this 20/21 vs 21/22 lark before m8.

Whatever way you slice it, Man Utd brought in 3 world class players (if you include Ronaldo as one, which you seem to) and got 16 points worse and scored 16 fewer goals.

And you want to pin the blame on there being no fans in the ground? Are Man Utd fans really that bad? :D

It's clear to anyone with eyes that Man Utd function better as an XI without an ageing Ronaldo up front. Your manager knows this full well. There might have been scope to get some value from him as a super-sub (Ole with brylcream) against tiring legs...but CR7's ego was too big for that and he felt the need to burn the whole house down to force a mid-season move

...and still there's a small section of the Manyoo fanbase who lap up his PR moves & cheerlead him to the last

There really are some great lines in this article btw :D

The top line seems to be that Ronaldo feels “betrayed” by United. The same United who are currently paying him more than the entire annual TV rights deal of the Women’s Super League to sit on the bench not being quite good enough any more; the same club he tried to leave in the summer; a club that is now simply treating him with the same baseline level of objective favour as every other player in any first team squad anywhere. That kind of betrayal?

And really it is hard to know whether the correct response is hilarity, revulsion or sadness. Certainly the blend of Morgan and Ronaldo presents an acme of something indigestible, like having a concentrated blend of margarine, vanity, bile and preening self regard injected directly into your eyeballs by a team of expert sadists. But essentially Ronaldo’s problem is that he is no longer an elite-level footballer, that he is instead peripheral to an improving team, and that he appears to have no one around to tell him this.

We should, of course, all remember that it has been a terribly sad and bruising year for him personally. And yet at the same time there is good news here. The good news is that Ronaldo is 100% correct, if perhaps not in the way he intended. Manchester United have been a debauched ship, a celebrity waxwork museum, treated for too long like an asset to be sluiced and sucked dry. Where Ronaldo is wrong is that he, Cristiano Ronaldo, is not the cure for this. He is instead the obvious symptom, and the single greatest human embodiment of this decay.

Ronaldo was signed despite the fact that culturally and tactically he was anathema to the idea of building a new team and a new identity. On the pitch he is, as they said at Juventus, the solution to the problem he causes, reducing the entire team to his personalised Ronaldo vehicle.

Aye, he writes well I'll give him that. But good writing is still a load of shite when you're espousing a wrong opinion.

Having no fans in the ground matters Phil and as someone who reads quite a bit of football analytics you should know that better than possibly anyone on this board (except maybe cloudy).

And I'll say this again, as you don't seem to get it. I don't care why Ronaldo did the interview. He did it and he did what I and many fans have been asking for a club employee to do for years, namely call the Glazers out.

But I'd say it's not going to work. Right now on twitter, there's an argument going on about Ronaldo v ETH or some other shite, that in the long run won't matter one iota.

United fans don't seem able to see the bigger picture, and a lot of them simply deserve those cunts. Because they won't do a fucking thing to hurt them. Another golden opportunity goes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

8th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Reflux & Friends

The Pav, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼