Recent content by Shower O' Langers

1. S

Stolen wing mirror glass and backing plate

Parked up outside the folks' house overnight, came out in the morning and someone has carefully and lovingly removed my driver's side wing mirror glass and backing plate. Wires aren't ripped, they've been carefully unplugged. Happened near to Togher. Is this kind of thing on the up now? I can't...
  2. S

Room wanted for 3 months - Blackrock/Little Island

Looking for a single/double (i.e. bigger than a shoebox) room for the Summer, moving in asap until early September, in the above areas. Must-haves are parking and internet, and decent clean housemates ;) From Cork originally, back after an extended absence to see how I like home. Fairly quiet...
  3. S

Imagine Broadband - any experience?

This is for my sister really but she's too shy for PROC! Apparently this is the best option for her according to broadband.ie Any bad/awful experiences or reasons she should stay away from them? Looking at their website there is no monthly fee, just connection and 3 quid a month to rent the router.
  4. S

Roaming with O2...for free??

Anyone else used their O2 phone in America and NOT get charged a cent for it? I have a Speakeasy SIM I brought with me that I pop in every so often...for some reason it only charges me for texts I sent and not for the ton of calls I make all over the place. Should I be worried they're gonna...
  5. S

Driving test waiting times...

Anyone have any idea what the current wait time is? According to drivingtest.ie a rough estimate is 33 weeks - I need it way before that! Other than getting someone to scrawl me a letter on their work letterhead is there any way to get one quicker?
  6. S

Chicago for St. Paddy's Day

Any ideas on good hotels to stay at...never been to Chicago before other than stopovers in the airport! I know the parade is on Columbus Drive...and that the hotels are all expensive that time so price isn't really an issue (I'm fecked either way!). :p
  7. S

Where to stay in New York?

My sister is coming over to meet me in the Big Apple for a week around December and I need some advice on where to stay. Neither of us have been there before and we're not loaded ;) Any recommendations for reasonable-ish hotels downtown or ones a subway ride away? Thanks
  8. S

Working on the side in Murca...

So I'm broke as a hookers hymen in the good old USA and my visa doesn't allow me to work.....I'm tempted (other than the alleged threat of deportation obviously) to say fuck it and go try my luck with some under the table work - anyone done it? I have to stay here for another yr to finish my...
  9. S

Down the dump...

..nothing exciting though. Anyone know where I can get the current charges from? Or anyone been recently and just happen to remember shite like that? Google is not my friend today.
  10. S

Where to get phone unlocked in Cork?

I have an oldish scabby Meteor mobile and because it gets no signal whatsoever in Cobh I need to get the handset unlocked to put my O2 card in. Meteor won't do it until I top up the phone by a ridiculous amount and obviously because there's feck all signal where I spend half my time I'm not...
  11. S

Looking for Summer work in Cork

I'll be back home in Cork for the Summer (mid-May to mid-September) and am looking for a job while I'm there. Most things considered (except telesales!). Experienced in retail, admin, call-centre, insurance & banking. Ideally in the city centre or suburbs. Thanks ;)