Recent content by Shabby

1. S

The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

He played inverted in mid. And if we are picking out games where Liverpool lost to have a go at him then we will have a lot more examples of picking out examples of him doing great things from games they won. Just so happens a lot more of those players or managers tend to agree with my opinion...
  2. S

His words were that Trent is a “total liability.” I don’t believe that at all. His attacking strengths have far more often outweighed his defensive weaknesses. And he’s brilliant in the inverted role in midfield. I think we’ve lost something like 4 PL games in over 40 games since he took up...
  3. S

The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

It’s the hope that kills you m8s. That said, City do struggle at Spurs. That’s the game!
  4. S

Yep, because the opinion of a nobody on a local forum counts for more than those who have played and are involved with the game at the highest level for years. Next.
  5. S

Did they make these for United in September too? Pity they didn’t get those signings in January to help push that title challenge over the line.
  6. S

There’s major pressure on any team trying to compete with City for a title because you basically have to win every game. Just look at Arsenal last season and even this season to see how each game brings so much pressure to win it. United haven’t competed with City properly for you to know this.
  7. S

Nailed on. Everyone using hindsight to try pick holes in anything possible but if anything Klopp’s departure announcement probably led to the squad getting this far into a title race. The wins with half a team of kids were incredible. The win at Forest did make people believe it might just...
  8. S

:lol!: And the two boyos liking it just to really rub it in. What they don’t realise is that the 30 years we were so often mocked about will become their own fate and longer, in good time. And as long as City are pumping money in with no rules to abide by, nobody else might win any league title!
  9. S

My first thought when I read this was: Are we safe for top 4?
  10. S

Spot on there. We are the third best team in the league. No shame in it, it’s just about where I’d have expected this group to finish at the start of the season. Second at a push but Arsenal have been superior in most aspects of their game too.
  11. S

Likewise. All tonight has done is just confirm that we will no longer be part of the title race but I didn’t see us winning it after losing to Palace anyway. Even the draw at United felt like the end for it. And now it becomes the Klopp farewell tour. In the end it was a good thing the kids...
  12. S

I would attribute some of this down to the fact being 2-0 down and a draw being no good to anyone, can drain the belief fully out of everyone. That and missing chances just sucks the life out of a team. We’ve been brutal though.
  13. S

The race is run now but get Danns on for the exact reason you’ve stated - he will be in the right place if a chance presents itself. This game has summed up our recent form.
  14. S

More of the same as the recent slump. Profligacy in front of goal and just general chaos(that word) in the game that allows an inferior team to feed off of. The front 3 have been woeful. Nobody other than Trent(attacking only) has looked any way decent. The ref has also been brutal but we...
  15. S

Hopefully he will learn from the last bald dud to move from the Eredivise to the PL in that regard.