Recent content by Philby

1. P

The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

The point was pretty clear. Just read the 2 sentences after the subsection which was quoted 👍🏻
  2. P

Familiar. Sounds like Confucius.
  3. P

"You can't argue with the factual points they've made and are just going down a side road of hypotheticals"
  4. P

Jesus lad. This isn't a court case. You are free to admit that, from this position, two PL title challenges back-to-back would be a welcome surprise. We all know it. The more you dodge around the question the sillier you look. I don't doubt that ETH has a bit of credit in the bank and this...
  5. P

It's a sports forum m8. We are allowed to indulge in hypotheticals. My question was about ETH. If ETH gets Man Utd into two genuine title races in the next 2 seasons, without winning any cups, do you think you would you be calling for him to be sacked?
  6. P

@Purple Monkey Dishwasher are you going to continue to dodge this question?
  7. P

Weren't you telling us that Liverpool are useless, made bad signings, weren't going to make top 4 and weren't going to get anywhere near Arsenal & City... ...with that in mind, surely 3rd spot is an overachievement?
  8. P

The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Slot doing a good job of gently encouraging Feyenoord to get themselves a good financial outcome but not to take the p1ss. https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/04/arne-slot-absolutely-believes-he-will-be-liverpool-manager-and-explains-talks/
  9. P

The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Rashford really doesn't help himself. Feels like he has one hell of an entourage built up around him, pandering to his ego. Just get your head down, work hard & play to something close to your potential.
  10. P

Well technically not m8. His 4th full season is still in progress and he's got more than a puncher's chance of winning the league. Can you give your view on my question below? FYI it would be broadly similar to ETH getting Man Utd into two genuine title races in the next 2 seasons. Would you...
  11. P

You're bending over backwards linguistically on that one m8. He won a trophy in his first half season. For the 3 full seasons which have completed -> If you offered any big side measurably improvement in the PL (...going from the edges of the 4th place race to CL quarter-finalists & genuine...
  12. P

I'd give Trent some slack to take up unconventional postions in attacking phases, as his creativity and ability to execute passes/cross is off the charts and he's the side's main creative force. But in cases where he's back in a decent position on defensive phases then he simply has to defend...
  13. P

The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Bruno isn't one to jack it in when getting bummed at Anfield
  14. P

Official Serie A thread

West Ham should've signed this Scamacca instead
  15. P

If I was going to talk up VVD I'd be choosing far more complete defenders than Vidic.