Recent content by morello

1. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That's true. Teams are alternating scrappers in and out of there also from the half forward line. Barron was swapping with Montgomery a lot last weekend. Tipp will do it with Alan Tynan. KK do it with Adrian Mullen. There are times in all these games when a 'good hurler' is just wasted in...
  2. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Re the 20 years and soft and fragile stuff... I think the mgmt set-ups have been way too cosy over the years. There's never been a sense of the discomfort described by the KK lads where your place on the team was never secure. Never an ability to pull someone after 20 mins if they aren't on it...
  3. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Kelly for Reidy from the start you can be sure
  4. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

No Clare team out yet no? Really fooled Limerick last week with their dummy team in fairness.
  5. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think there was 3 horses for courses selections that were in the plan pre the Waterford game. Hayes to cause a problem in the air vs 2 Clare corner backs that are both under 6ft. TOM to have the engine and height to get around the field with Fitzgerald, and Dalton is an automatic starter when...
  6. M

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

First time seeing this bunch live. Impressive overall, maybe 2 or 3 lads short of real top quality. Waterford played poorly, lot of mis-hit striking, dropped catches etc. looked very nervous, and they're very young so not sure how good a barometer they are, but apparently they had the beating of...
  7. M

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Mark o’brien with superb goal and point in last 5 mins… immediately after avoiding a definite red for an off the ball strike. Lucky boy. Serious hurler.
  8. M

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Good first half, wing forwards impressive
  9. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Your second point makes zero sense hurly - don’t see any connection to paul Murphy’s dopey prediction ?? Re your first point, I totally disagree. BC (imo) is in the same bracket as Patrick Fitzgerald, Joyce, Screeny, Austin gleeson - lads with enough talent for senior IC championship at a young...
  10. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Maybe with Cahalane, others I’d stand over. Who else would you have in there?
  11. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Fair shout. ROF was the other 50/50
  12. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I agree with the sentiment by the way, we have enough good players to be doing better than we are… and there are better alternatives to last weeks selection. We just don’t have any ‘best in their position in the country’ type of lads, Joyce maybe. Out of interest, if you had to make a combined...
  13. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

hmmm... they've a top top class keeper, full back line, centre forward, full forward. They've had the edge on Galway for a few years. They might not have the most talented squad but they've enough proven high quality lads alright. And of course, you're right, if you're inferring their attitude...
  14. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Excellent synopsis of last week from Michael Vurney & Shane Stapleton (go to 43 mins), they're miles ahead of the rest. Stapleton (very anti-Cork usually) felt Cork were robbed interestingly. They don't pull the punches re the 3 lads in the forward line. 10 shots from the the trio in the first...
  15. M

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

he was poor in Ennis last year