Recent content by JimmyBarrySmurph

1. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I heard a beauty yesterday. An elderly Meath man describing his first time going to an All Ireland in Croke Park in the mid 50s. He went with his Dad. They jumped a wall to get in “even though we had tickets” 😂😂
  2. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The most over rated hurler in the last 50 years in my book. RTE built him up. Take no notice of him. 1 All Ireland? We’ve a fella in Cork who won 2 of them in a fortnight.. Joe gave a display against Clare above in Thurles, QFs double header, the same day Henry was sent off when we beat KK...
  3. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Only about 6000 Cork supporters there last Sunday in a stadium that wasn’t full, and about half the number 12000 of Cork supporters in Killarney the day before. I never thought I’d see that day. God how times have changed
  4. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

For me anyway I would like to see him with an All Ireland medal more than any other Cork player who hasn’t one right now.
  5. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Spot on. Agree 100% with you GM
  6. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It isn’t all just about pace too in fairness. Plenty of our greats in history werent the fastest. Harnedy played alright the last day, far better than the other 2 lads he is lumped in with.
  7. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Harnedy was unlucky to be taken off last Sunday. He wasn’t the worst & had scored 2 points. One of our best players last year. I’ve no idea why/how he is being lumped in with Lehane & Hoggie. It must be agism
  8. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Genuinely, I haven’t met one person this year who spoke about us as All Ireland challengers. The same auld same auld is the general view. The very last discussion I had about the Waterford game was in our club the evening before the game and 3 out of the 4 lads in the group tipped Waterford...
  9. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

You are right, he doesn’t pick himself. Long gone though are the days when veterans left the stage on their own terms. I haven’t met a single person all week that would start him Sunday. In fact it’s years I’d say since I’ve spoken to anyone that would start him and I’m including some great...
  10. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Agree it’s very hard to call. Outside of Limerick there isn’t a puck between 5-6 other teams really as they are all rebuilding, inconsistent, unpredictable or struggling someway or another to varying degrees.
  11. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Desperation stuff.. So radicle it’s extremely worrying only 4 days after the last match. Im losing confidence that theses guys know what they are at really. Im a big fan of PR over the years as player, coach and manager but that’s dropping I have to say.
  12. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Moving the deck chairs on the Titanic.. A few life boats launched as well now.. This selection and all the changes (debatable if some are improvements) shows how badly wrong they got it all 4 days ago. How Hoggie survives is beyond me with the last 3/4 years. Sick ta shite at this stage of...
  13. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The only prob with Cunningham is that he hasn’t been indoctrinated into the inter county camp occult yet.. God forbid that he might do wreck against Clare
  14. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cue. Nuclear reactor explodes on proc
  15. J

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

We don’t have the players I believe. The results very clearly show that. It’s 19 years since Cork last won an All Ireland. Since then many all Ireland’s have Kilkenny won? Eight I think And they made about another 4 finals. So, comparing Cork with Kilkenny nowadays is a bit of a joke...