Recent content by Grasshopper

1. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Don't know about saving, but he might improve us, and that's all we can ask for
  2. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I feel we need to get ahead early and stay ahead if we are to win on Sunday, I don't fancy this teams mentality if they have to chase down a deficit. To be honest I'm not at all hopeful of a win, we haven't beaten a well organised team in Championship since when? KK in 2021? losing.. its almost...
  3. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'd say Conor Cleary did a lot worse to Gillane on Sunday, yet Colm Lyons was fairly slow to dish out a yellow
  4. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I watched the match on telly, so I defer to everyone who was there in person. Firstly I think changing 3 or 4 would be sensible, even if yesterday had gone well a 7 day turnaround for some players would be a challenge, but I imagine the selectors will only go for 2 max because they may be...
  5. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

So tomorrow on the Panel we'll have Darragh Fitz and Tim O from the Northern most part of the county, Sean Twomey from down near the Old Head, Seamie and St. Ita's is probably as far East as you can go in the county, and Luke Meade representing West Cork. Nice spread of representation!
  6. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

One other small thing, tomorrow will be a proud day for Courcey Rovers, I can't remember another player from the club playing senior championship, anyone know who was the last one?
  7. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Duggan will probably go in to the FF line so id expect Cahalane to pick him up, he got on top of him last year in the second half. D Fitz is a conundrum because he is big and quick, so I wouldn't trust either Downey on him, but would probably go with Rob. I think Eoin will be needed to bring...
  8. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Getting ahead of ourselves here, Hegarthy will be on the other side of the country this Sunday. When it does come to pass, if all fit and available I'd imagine Downey will pick up Hegarthy and Coleman will most likely find himself on Tom Morrisey, and I'd be comfortable enough with that.
  9. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Could be the team named alright, but it might be a risk to start Coleman and Robbie in the first game. Im split on the Lehane, Harnedy, Hoggy debate, but IMO Hoggy and Harnedy were our two best forwards in last years championship, and until someone comes along and takes the jersey from them I...
  10. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Does anyone know what the state of the squad is regarding injuries, from the top of my head the following have at least got question marks regarding their fitness. Dalton, Kingston,Coleman, O'Flynn, Ethan Twomey, Sean Twomey, Cunningham, Mullins, Conor Cahalane...not sure if I'm missing anyone
  11. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Thats a pity, he is becoming a key player the way Ryan seems to want to set up the team, doesn't seem to have any luck so far this year
  12. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Does anyone know if Deccie Dalton is injured, reading a piece on the Echo tonight they seem to be making the point that he won't be available for the Waterford game at least
  13. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

The thing with RoF is that because of the three injuries he's had over the past 15 months, he's barely played any hurling, and against Tipp last year he looked rusty until he took that ball on a scored a smashing goal. I am a huge fan of his, and there have been games over the 3 to 4 years where...
  14. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

A lot of scar tissue built up already on the Coleman, Fitz, Kingston generation. Winning one of the Clare or Limk. games last year would have been a massive boost to this team, hopefully their confidence has built back up and they can get over the line this year, if they can get out of Munster...
  15. G

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I have a small worry over Hoggy's willingness to either not start or not finish games, in interviews he seems bitter about times he was dropped, but now with the spread of good forwards we have along with his age, he'll have to be willing to park the ego and play whatever role he can for the...