Recent content by Chelsea Hotel #2

1. C

All Tomorrow's Parties 2012

December 7th-9th in Minehead,Somerset curated by the National. So far The Kronos Quartet, The Antlers, Owen Pallett, Boris, Tim Hecker, Sharon Van Etten, My Brightest Diamond, Wye Oak, Lower Dens, Megafaun, Suuns, Dark Dark Dark, and Buke and Gase are confirmed. Tickets on general sale this...
  2. C

Keane for Ipswich?

To replace the sacked Jim Magilton As reported just now on Five Live Here we go again
  3. C

Half Nelson

On the box tonight. Absolute gem of a movie.
  4. C

An Interesting Departure?

5. C

Living National Treasures?

As defined by those people who embody intangible cultural values or bask in the warm glow of a Nation's affections. Our tendency towards begrudgery suggests that they are few and far between. However how about.... Micheal O'Muircheartaigh Ronnie Drew Paul McGrath Christy Moore Any more...
  6. C

Diamuid Ferriter's Opinion piece in the Examiner

A well written and reasoned piece as published in de paper yesterday "SOME economists have been hard at work this year trying to convince us that the Celtic Tiger is only taking a rest and could be back roaring at some stage in the future, a notion encapsulated in the title of Marc Coleman’s...
  7. C

Laser Card Fraud - Beware!

I was notified by my local bank today that a number of suspicious transactions have appeared in my current account over the last two months. About 16 transactions totalling about 1500 euro had been debited as Laser transactions throught the internet none of which required ID or chip and pin...
  8. C

Don't Look Back

Great bands playing classic albums track by track in concert. Slint/Spiderland Tindersticks/Tindersticks II Cowboy Junkies/Trinity Sessions Sonic Youth/Daydream Nation and loads more have been done What band playing which album would you like to hear?
  9. C

Cork Video Podcast

As presented by Andrew Maxwell on the Guardian website http://travel.guardian.co.uk/discoverireland/corkvideopage/0,,2149107,00.html
  10. C

Skibbereen Food Festival

It may be of interest to the odd langer. It takes place in September and for those with an interest in such things there's a good programme of events. Details at www.skibbereen.ie/taste-of-west-cork-2007.htm
  11. C

There's This Other Kiss....

You just have to be sure you're doing the right thing. I mean it's very easy to forget - she's just sitting there in the pub with her new friends and her new life and her new hair, and it's been five years but you'd know just to look at her. I wasn't even sure it were her at first, I was ready...
  12. C

Bookstor, Kinsale

Is this the best independent bookshop in Cork? Great fiction section chosen by someone interested in reading (and who clearly regularly scans the book reviews) Any other contenders?
  13. C

Booty Vont

AA Roadwatch were talking about it earlier. Sounds wonderfully exotic. It's in Cork apparently. Anyone know it?
  14. C

If you vote for Sinn Fein in the next election......

What will you be voting for?
  15. C

Irish History Lesson for English Rugby Team

To be delivered by Conor O'Shea in advance of next Saturday's match in Croker. He admits that he'll have to read up on the facts beforehand just to be sure like. His father won three All-Ireland's with Kerry in the fifties, he's an ex-Irish international, Directer of the RFU Academy and a...