Recent content by cartoon

1. C

St. Germain at Beatyard Festival

For any fans out there St Germain are due to play the Beatyard Festival in Dublin on Sunday August 5th. This completely passed me by until now! 3gu-jUUh5Y8 Great live act. They've been cancelling gigs for July though due to the main man's health. Hopefully this one goes ahead.
  2. C

Cork Rappers 2018

What rappers and hip hop outfits are making waves on the local scene these days?
  3. C

Apple moving to city centre

Good news that Apple are moving into the big glass building on Half Moon St very soon. Its customer support team will be based there. I assume if you iSlaves have problems you can stand outside and shout up at them...after a few pints. If youre put hold you can pop into Cashmans for a pint while...
  4. C

Slow computer network problem

Folks, Trying to help a voluntary organisation out here with some IT stuff as they’ve moved offices. I’ve set up their new internet connection with Eircom. That’s working ok (although getting 3M instead of the 8M promised but that’s a separate issue) both wireless and cable. On my laptop I...
  5. C

Meteors Nokia N95 offer for €49

The drawback is that you have to sign up to their €50/month deal - somebody I know is switching to Meteor and prepared to give me their new phone and continue using their old phone. I presume I can get this unlocked somewhere and use it away on another network?
  6. C

Appeal for Diarmuid O'Sullivan's hurley bag taken @ Semple

Appeal for Diarmuid O'Sullivan's hurley bag taken @ Semple From today's Echo: Diarmuid O'Sullivan's hurley bag went missing in the post match pitch invasion on Sunday at Semple Stadium. The Rock's spare camáns were in a Club Energise bag behind the goal at the Town End but the bag disappeared...
  7. C

Call this house tune there bubillas..

Not in the main myspace tune section of his page but at the bottom of this it there's a sample of a tune in the forthcoming mix from Giles Peterson and I really want to know the artist that kicks in about 8.30mins: http://www.myspace.com/gillespeterson
  8. C

Imeachtaí Gaeilge i gCorcaigh i rith na Nollaig

An bhfuil aon rud ag tarlu sa chathair....?
  9. C

Wanted: Roland XP-80

My own is giving trouble so need a replacement double quick. If anyone knows somebody in Cork with one send an email to info@cartoon.ie Id be willing to rent it for the jazz festival if you dont want to sell. Thanks.
  10. C

Meeting Eoghan Harris in Merchants Quay

Yesterday about 4 O'clock. Walked up to me looking very tired and washed out. "Excuse me, where are the toilets here?" "they're upstairs on the left" "Thank you" "You're welcome.....senator"
  11. C

Cartoon: Jazz Festival Gigs

We’re delighted to announce our first Cork gig in 12 months will take place at Cyprus Avenue on Sunday October 29th. Having been apart for so long, mainly due to work commitments abroad, we are really looking forward to this and it should be a great night. The Sunday night is a late gig...
  12. C

Pula, Croatia

Anyone ever been? Worth it?
  13. C

CCFC scoreboard

Having been at the Cross on Friday night and Thurles on Sunday one thing that I found really handy in Semple Stadium was the clock on the scoreboard. Unless Im mistaken there isn't one in Turners Cross. Obviously soccer scores are much easier to keep track of but the timer is handy. Everytime...
  14. C

House heads - Call this tune

Last tune in this mix: http://www.deephousenetwork.com/RealAudio/marcHurleySoulful_DeepHouseNetwork.ram S'wan.
  15. C

Kite surfing school in Coolmaine?

Saw a picture for this on Cork Independent a few weeks ago. Was supposed to open last weekend. There was absolutely no contact information, website etc. Just wondering if anyone knows anything...