Recent content by backagain

1. B

I'm a bit drunk lads

It's been a while Anyway tell me how wonderful you all are Waiting ,,,,,,
  2. B

A one way ticket to Mars

Sort of being discussed in the dementia thread but I thought it deserved it's own thread, a coincidence that I was reading this story tonight Couple of things struck me, what a strange thing to agree to do so far ahead, and how can speaking on Skype be some sort of consolation to your family...
  3. B

The OFFICIAL PROC farcical thread of the year thread

1. Egg thread - do we really need to discuss eggs? This is not the egg producers forum 2. IOTY thread - needs no explanation complete and utter farce No rules here, just threads started this year
  4. B

Cyclists

Maybe I just don't know enough about bikes but I wouldn't have a clue what type of bike someone is riding either. I can only speak for myself, I don't think it's even a subconscious thing, I react the same way with every bike I see, I think the only time I'd change is if I saw a young child or...
  5. B

Cyclists

As a driver I can't honestly say I notice anyway whether a cyclist is wearing a helmet. I certainly don't think oh they have a helmet on I don't need to be as careful. That's just me but I'd be interested to know if it's a conscious decision anyone else makes (if they'll admit it) or whether...
  6. B

Cyclists

Didn't you come a cropper and nearly kill yourself though?
  7. B

Cyclists

Is that what happened? Still defensive I see, I've said several times I've no problem with cyclists and that there are good and bad ones just as there are good and bad drivers. I think saying 20% of all accidents involving cyclists is their fault but that's somehow seldom and of no consequence...
  8. B

Cyclists

I live fairly close to the National Cycling Centre, I pass it regularly (amazing building btw) some of the rig outs would make you feel physically sick:(
  9. B

Cyclists

And the luminous Lycra should be banned If that's not a criminal offence I don't know what is
  10. B

Cyclists

Only for clowns Like you:mad:
  11. B

Cyclists

Oh right, it would be so difficult to enforce, I'll just carry on paying and smile shall I? That's obviously why it's not been done, it doesn't mean I have to be happy about it
  12. B

Cyclists

Do you mind? I do not drive a Fiesta:mad: I occasionally drove the daughters fiesta
  13. B

Cyclists

As do all drivers when they pay their premiums, I'm not in a situation where people who drive green cars don't need it because they have less accidents yet they can avail themselves of the fund. I have no problem paying my share of what insuring drivers costs insurance companies, taking my risk...
  14. B

Cyclists

Don't I just? I'm still waiting for a valid argument as to why they shouldn't be insured
  15. B

Cyclists

Hence why their insurance is only £40 a year on average. No one is suggesting it's comparable with car insurance, it's way cheaper for the reasons you've stated. The £40 is based on what insurers currently pay out, I don't think it's unreasonable for cyclists to pay towards that,