Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I linked an article during the week of Pat Ryan. He’s simply not up for it. Still not ruthless and learned nothing from last year. Moving TOC back even tho everyone knows he’s an attacking midfielder. Not making the right changes at the right time. His backroom must be afraid of him so have to take blame too. He said he’d bite your hand off for 3rd place, as I said, what type of example is that for the players when the manager would settle for 3rd.
Settling for 3rd….
Maybe he is a realist? When our manager is saying this to the media it shows where we really are in Cork hurling doesn’t it.

I actually think now, this evening, is not the time to go naming and criticizing individual players. No one had a terribly off day really. It was a collective disaster both on the field and on the line.
In the last 12 months I haven’t seen a single post on here that would provide any short term solution to Corks ongoing demise in hurling. Instead I see posts about player A (who we know isn’t good enough anymore) being dropped and pick player B (who was never good ever enough for this standard) it’s depressing.
Jesus you’re being kind there Glasa. I can think of 5 or 6 easily.

There is definitely a 15 with the right approach good enough to be winning today and getting out of Munster… AI maybe not. But we are way better than that shite today.

Settling for 3rd….
Maybe he is a realist? When our manager is saying this to the media it shows where we really are in Cork hurling doesn’t it.
But that’s not leadership? That’s not management?
The goal is surely to win every game possible.
Openly admitting we’d happily take loses.

No motivation at all.

But that’s not leadership? That’s not management?
The goal is surely to win every game possible.
Openly admitting we’d happily take loses.

No motivation at all.
Leadership isn’t saying what you want to happen and passing it off as what you’ll think will happen. We can say this player and that player should or should not have played but we are kidding ourselves if we think there are 3/4 players out there who would change the fortunes of this team. When the likes of Joyce struggle then it’s not your day. It was a bad day on the pitch and off it.

Sometimes you have to accept that the better team won on the day. The better team won today.

I actually think now, this evening, is not the time to go naming and criticizing individual players. No one had a terribly off day really. It was a collective disaster both on the field and on the line.
In the last 12 months I haven’t seen a single post on here that would provide any short term solution to Corks ongoing demise in hurling. Instead I see posts about player A (who we know isn’t good enough anymore) being dropped and pick player B (who was never good ever enough for this standard) it’s depressing.
That's exactly how I feel. I have no bit of excitement at all for facing Clare, not to mind fucking Limerick.

It just feels like more of the same and another year written off

(and yes, I am writing this in an awful sulk so I know it's a bit hyperbolic)

Extremely disappointed although I expected it to be a tough match against a very good Waterford side
Alan Connolly is our future no doudt and Coleman played well when moved to mf
Just very poor all over the field again idk what’s wrong with them
A must win next week against an even stronger team

Extremely disappointed although I expected it to be a tough match against a very good Waterford side
Alan Connolly is our future no doudt and Coleman played well when moved to mf
Just very poor all over the field again idk what’s wrong with them
A must win next week against an even stronger team
Must say that Connolly’s goal was a cracker. A superb individual effort in the heat of battle.If the ball was played to him more, in the first half, we could have a different outcome. He was the only goal scoring threat we had.

I dunno lads , it be very hard to pick the players up from that next week . Clare are at a different level than us and if they turn up next Sunday ,they could skin us really badly . Im a big fan of Pat Ryan after his success of U20s but im sick to death of Cork hurling now. All fucking excuses we are for the last 10 years. We have become a delusional hurling county at Senior level. If I was Pat Ryan next week i be playing mostly young guys and dropping at least 5r6 players from todays starting line up. Its actually depressing thinking about it . I loved Barretts fight he brought today , its more of that we need, not poncing around some fellas were today . The more I think about it the more I despair.
Some very well put points in that and a previous post by you. The delusion in Cork is though the roof in some quarters. I know you touched the fact that some supporters aren't aware of the standards in the Cork County Championship, but I can recall being at a Barrs match last year and a fella behind me complaining about Cork not being physical enough, who then proceeded to scream 'Ah Ref' every time there was a hard shoulder put on a Barrs player, and this is something I'm constantly seeing for supporters in club games. That game I referred to was Barrs and Kanturk in Fermoy where the Barrs scored 16 points from frees.

So there's one huge problem in Cork that's been evident for a very long time. Another thing here is when any person uses Limerick as an example of something and fellas are straight onto them with the "can we stop fawning over Limerick, we are Cork" bullshit. Like we're setting the bar for standards, we've had one decent year this decade and that ended in a mauling in an All Ireland final, fellas need to get off the cool aid here and start waking up to how bad things really are.

Just me who thinks cork should go back to their old style of play . Not get into a physical battle and go back to running at fellas and taking on their man . Go back to what cork do best , sharp hurling , outplaying teams by out hurling them . It seems like all we are trying to do is win a physical battle when that’s not what cork are about at all . Of course physicality is key but we aren’t cut out for it at all . Why do we take the ball into tackle constantly when all it leads to is turn overs . Imo cork should focus on getting Connolly and whoever is inside with him next week the ball as quickly as possible . Fast ball into the corners . Maybe jack o connor or Shane barret inside with him and really try beat clare by going route one . This working through the lines tactics we’ve seen from limerick clare kilkenny doesn’t suit the players we have . It’s time we find an identity that suits us . Not try beat other teams at what they do best by simply copying them

Probably too disappointing to even write much this evening.
To me Sean O'Donoghue, Alan Connolly, Shane Barrett , Darragh Fitzgibbon I think were probably only players that you'd say did themselves justice consistently over the 70 mins.
Other players did bits and pieces but not enough.
I promise I'm not Donal Og 😂
He just named the same 4 players on The Sunday Game

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

6th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4:30pm

More events ▼