Kyle Hayes - a good GAA man?

Should he have gotten a harsher than average sentence because he's a hurler, in your opinion?
Nope. Not sure about the suspended nature of it, don't know the quantum for the offence.

My point is having been convicted etc , selecting him to play sets a really bad example.

I'm genuinely concerned if this sentence would be considered "average" for an assault of this type.
Sentences across the board are too light in Irelamd imo. Increasing sentences would involves a system change and an increase in funding for prisons though.
Nope. Not sure about the suspended nature of it, don't know the quantum for the offence.

My point is having been convicted etc , selecting him to play sets a really bad example.
It's am average sentences for the offence. I agree it sets a bad example, but I think that Limerick GAA and Kiely in particular are in a catch 22. In the absence of their being a code of conduct in the GAA that bars people with convictions from playing they dont really have grounds to drop him. If Kiely drops him and Limerick lose this year, he'll be lynched!
Average implies there are people who did get heavier sentences as well as people who got lighter ones for the same crime. Interesting.
Yes, people with prior convictions.
My heart goes out to the victims and his family and to the Gardai whose evidence was basically dismissed,
It's a fairly regular occurrence in criminal courts. Juries don't always accept garda evidence. That's why we have court cases, in fairness.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Perfect Days (Pg)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼