Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

Because this cohort of protesters have hijacked a term to describe the current situation in Ireland.
It can’t be used.

Asylum seekers need to be stopped until we can a handle on it it again

We don’t have accommodation for them.
Imagine the effect on our tourism industry coming into Summer as well.
Ireland is full means it’s full to all immigration. If we have too many asylum seekers and it seems we may very well have then that’s one thing but using the term Ireland is full is not just that. They don’t want any Africans here at all. Whether they are legal or not.

Because this cohort of protesters have hijacked a term to describe the current situation in Ireland.
It can’t be used.

Asylum seekers need to be stopped until we can a handle on it it again

We don’t have accommodation for them.
Imagine the effect on our tourism industry coming into Summer as well.
I get your point, but it is rather annoying that a group of people can claim that Ireland is full, while also burning down and protesting outside buildings that could be used to house people.

Asylum seekers are living in tents on the streets because we have no accommodation for them.
Just because the likes of Blighe and his cohorts use the term Ireland is full, that doesn’t mean it isn’t true.
It’s a fact.
The Ireland is Full term has been used by racist assholes for several years now. Long before there was a big influx due to Russia raging a war against Ukraine. As I said already, the government should be reviewing the current parameters for refugees coming to Ireland. But I will always find it hard to believe the apparent motivations for those who use that term, when it's easy to see where it came from.

Its contemptible for people to be still posting that kind of rubbish when in fact the complete opposite is true, throughout the country.

View attachment 31116

76% of respondants in the most recent Sunday Independent poll said they thought we had taken in more people than we can cope with.

28% said they viewed immigration as the most important election issie, overtaking housing for the first time.

Trying to peddle nonsense about current policy having any kind of popular support is delusional.
This is an Irish times poll we are talking about 🤣

That’s a smokescreen Dan. In reality her posts and videos on social media reveal her real motivations.

It’s immaterial now anyway. She lost. There are asylum seekers in the house and the protest group which she started need to stop abusing people who enter the house and recording those who leave it. If they don’t they’ll be dealt with by the Gardaí. That could be what they want.
I believe you said she is oncerned with the devaluation of her property ,God forbid .
She should look at the good cause and suck up the 100k loss😅

I use the term.
Not because of racism, or far right ethos but because it is a fact.
We are full, we’ve taken in too many asylum seekers, refugees and no where left to accommodate anymore.

The Ireland is Full term has been used by racist assholes for several years now. Long before there was a big influx due to Russia raging a war against Ukraine. As I said already, the government should be reviewing the current parameters for refugees coming to Ireland. But I will always find it hard to believe the apparent motivations for those who use that term, when it's easy to see where it came from.

Are you even reading my posts?

On the back of this protests engagement with politicians its been changed from single male IP applicants to families.

They had a petition with 2000+ signatures. Thats some going in a town of 6k.

You've obviously got an axe to grind with this lady, resorting to churlish insults instead of engaging with her well articulated concerns

Wherever they've tried to parachute in asylum seekers with zero local notice or engagement theres been immediate and widespread protest.

Guff about the far right doesn't cut it anymore. Integration as a policy has been a disaster and people dont want it. Those behind it wont survive the next election.
I has a conversation with a local yesterday. I asked what the tent in the town was about. He said it was a protest about the owner of the property using it for refugees when it was not supposed to be and the protester was not even from the area. In the next sentence he said there are new apartments being built in the locality and as sure as day follows night youll see refugees in there too ,wait and see. So he is giving out about the protest on one hand but also giving out about the refugees on the other . Id say there is more support for the protest there than people think, its like the referendum people can quietly voice their concern in the ballot box when no one is looking. Blighe could be a dark horse in the elections.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼