The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

An interesting angle on how Utd will run into FFP challenges when trying to refresh the squad this summer.

Really points towards cashing in on Rashers to free up some FFP headroom, if a suitable buyer can be found.

I'd never really considered the "negative equity" part of the equation in FFP.

I'd never really considered the "negative equity" part of the equation in FFP.

Yep, it really is a complicated balance of a range of factors (e.g. commercial income, wages, amortised player values, payment structure for incomings etc.)

Even the finance guys who do a deep dive on these things can, in lots of cases, only offer an informed best guess on whether clubs have overstepped the mark.

And can drive some tough decisions - often the guys you want to offload aren't the guys who will help your FFP position. And the guys you don't want to lose can really help your FFP position.

If Arsenal offloaded Saka, for example, they could spend like drunken sailors :)

If Arsenal offloaded Saka, for example, they could spend like drunken sailors :)
We've a very valuable squad with a lot of that value having come in through the academy or at a great price.

A lot of them also got new contracts recently so I think we're relatively healthy FFP wise. There'll be a few sales this summer but I'm not expecting much money from them.

Yep, it really is a complicated balance of a range of factors (e.g. commercial income, wages, amortised player values, payment structure for incomings etc.)

Even the finance guys who do a deep dive on these things can, in lots of cases, only offer an informed best guess on whether clubs have overstepped the mark.

And can drive some tough decisions - often the guys you want to offload aren't the guys who will help your FFP position. And the guys you don't want to lose can really help your FFP position.

Some of his stuff is interesting, really gets into the books.

During Artetas first 2 years we could see what he was trying to.

Not sure you could say the same for ETH tbh. He just seems to be constantly in firefighting mode.
He had a lot of inconsistent displays during that time hence finishing 8th 2 years in a row, I seem to recall him losing 8 out of 12 games in the PL around Christmas 2020 and it looked like he could have been sacked, In fairness the club stuck with him and have seen a huge improvement as a result of supporting him with moving on

ETH with a full squad last season done well without being amazing, this year the team has been completely ravaged by injury and off field BS. I genuinely think he his a very good manager and the club should stick with him and work with him over the summer to move on some of the bums that have stank the place out with years and bring in more technical players.

He had a lot of inconsistent displays during that time hence finishing 8th 2 years in a row, I seem to recall him losing 8 out of 12 games in the PL around Christmas 2020 and it looked like he could have been sacked, In fairness the club stuck with him and have seen a huge improvement as a result of supporting him with moving on

ETH with a full squad last season done well without being amazing, this year the team has been completely ravaged by injury and off field BS. I genuinely think he his a very good manager and the club should stick with him and work with him over the summer to move on some of the bums that have stank the place out with years and bring in more technical players.

They have to prioritise a ball playing centre half in the summer.

Id be quite happy to see the back of Rashford who is a complete waster and average squad players like Scotty and Fridge, Lindelof.

Martial is gone either way. Id get rid of Shaw as well. His injury record is appalling.

Theres serious investment needed , whoever is in charge. We will see how serious INEOS are pretty quickly.

They have to prioritise a ball playing centre half in the summer.

Id be quite happy to see the back of Rashford who is a complete waster and average squad players like Scotty and Fridge, Lindelof.

Martial is gone either way. Id get rid of Shaw as well. His injury record is appalling.

Theres serious investment needed , whoever is in charge. We will see how serious INEOS are pretty quickly.
I'd agree all that needs to happen but I'd be surprised if it does with FFP.

Firstly I can't see anyone paying the money United would want for Rashford let alone his salary.

Varane, and 1 of Lindelof or Maguire will be gone plus probably Johnny Evans although I'd keep him around the guy as been excellent all season when needed, a proper pro.

They'll need top level CB, CM & Striker at a minimum

Some of his stuff is interesting, really gets into the books.

Swedish Rumble eh? I wonder where he got the inspiration for that name from :ROFLMAO:

Interesting. If accurate, then Man Utd have a lot more headroom on FFP than most people would assume. Although if the overall wages of those coming in are more than those exiting then that'll eat into the FFP headroom too, but is less of a factor than transfer fees.

The £450m Man City figure is scary. To a large degree their (alleged..ahem) financial doping has put them in a position where they aren't meaningfully constrained by FFP.

Although FFP's original purpose wasn't primarily focused on putting the brakes on big clubs spending big, this outcome still feels like a bit of a fail.

Swedish Rumble eh? I wonder where he got the inspiration for that name from :ROFLMAO:

Interesting. If accurate, then Man Utd have a lot more headroom on FFP than most people would assume. Although if the overall wages of those coming in are more than those exiting then that'll eat into the FFP headroom too, but is less of a factor than transfer fees.

The £450m Man City figure is scary. To a large degree their (alleged..ahem) financial doping has put them in a position where they aren't meaningfully constrained by FFP.

Although FFP's original purpose wasn't primarily focused on putting the brakes on big clubs spending big, this outcome still feels like a bit of a fail.

Yeah, if theyre again in a position to go Supermarket Sweep in the summer window ( Whilst already having the strongest squad) then no one is going to lay a glove on them next season.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

15th Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼