The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
As ever he make a decent point but then ruins it with some British/Tory reference.

On last night, I get they are trying to create an atmosphere playing the music but someone needs to tell them turn it down a notch or two. It's like a pub now, having to shout when talking to the person next to you. Or else I'm getting old ☹️

As ever he make a decent point but then ruins it with some British/Tory reference.

On last night, I get they are trying to create an atmosphere playing the music but someone needs to tell them turn it down a notch or two. It's like a pub now, having to shout when talking to the person next to you. Or else I'm getting old ☹️
Thought the exact same thing, just turn it down a notch or 2 and it would suit everyone!

That’s what they get for having Red FM in charge of the music. Awful aul shite.

Donal og is spot on. We need to promote the game like the Fenway Park classic games in Boston and have even more of them to promote the game for the weaker counties struggling. We need to put more money into the GPA and have less nice stadiums for the players to compete in. You all need to learn and listen to the man with a plan. A genius of a man needs to be listened to.
How many GDAs would 40 million pay for?
No senior hurling clubs in the Northside.
Primary and secondary schools with close to fuck all hurling development and support all over the city and county.
A club hurling scene, dominated by whistle happy refs and at a level closer to intermediate in other counties then senior.

And what did we get in return? A slightly improved version of the stadium we have with massive running costs, little to fuck all big games played there and a massive debt that in spite of renaming the thing fucking SuperValu park, it's still necessary to move games during peak season to facilitate concerts to pay for the thing and then they can't even get the concerts.

Yeah the problem was Donal Og. Not sycophant members like you and that massive bell end Red and Blue that facilitated the destruction of Cork Gaa by Frank Murphy because you could ask him for favours and tickets etc for your self serving fucking clubs in lieu of support for his vendettas and his massive Pink elephant monument.

Was talking to a fella from Sars and he's really pissed over membership fees. For his young fella to play hurling & football is going to cost him €270 to register. The equivalent in the Glen & Barrs is €60.
Looks like they're able to pay the likes of the Rock on the back of the fees they are charging the kids.

Was talking to a fella from Sars and he's really pissed over membership fees. For his young fella to play hurling & football is going to cost him €270 to register. The equivalent in the Glen & Barrs is €60.
Looks like they're able to pay the likes of the Rock on the back of the fees they are charging the kids.
270eur is scandalous. Maybe it’s to pay for the Rocks time or maybe it’s to fix the damage to the club grounds from the flooding but surely there’s insurance for that. Still taking the piss though.

Is that because sars and Glanmire are 2 separate clubs, so paying membership to both as need to be registered separately?

He hit the nail on the head..

€110 million spent - €30 million in debt - a stadium running at a yearly loss..

and what did we get?

One mediocre stand by international standards with a roof that doesn’t keep the rain off your head and a roof on the old uncovered stand..

County Board take a fucking bow.
The comb over county board heads will never agree with those who diss the CCB. Its dinosaurs like them that has Cork Gaa in the state it is.

270eur is scandalous. Maybe it’s to pay for the Rocks time or maybe it’s to fix the damage to the club grounds from the flooding but surely there’s insurance for that. Still taking the piss though.
I asked him was it to do with the pitch & he said no, it was always that expensive.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼