Live at the Marquee 24

Last year was stunningly crap

What was the best gig you saw there?

I saw Slayer there twice which I wouldn't believe if I hadn't taken photos. Duran Duran and Elton John were class too, as was Noel Gallager.

I was living abroad when the likes of The Who, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Roger Waters played.

The Who like, ffs. Amazing that these bands all came to a regional city on a small island in the Atlantic. Many similar sized cities in Europe could only dream of Lady Gaga rocking up and playing in a tent by the docks.

What was the best gig you saw there?

I saw Slayer there twice which I wouldn't believe if I hadn't taken photos. Duran Duran and Elton John were class too, as was Noel Gallager.

I was living abroad when the likes of The Who, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Roger Waters played.

The Who like, ffs. Amazing that these bands all came to a regional city on a small island in the Atlantic. Many similar sized cities in Europe could only dream of Lady Gaga rocking up and playing in a tent by the docks.

Dunno tbh.

Saw Elton John, Morrissey, Neil Young, Pixies, Bellx1, Midlake, Paul Simon, Lou Reed, Alanis Morrisette and Pink lol (took a niece).

Its never really been a great spot for a gig tbh. Crap sound, no atmosphere.

Had tickets for Cat Stevens which Covid killed. Shame as hes someone Ive always wanted to see.

Dunno tbh.

Saw Elton John, Morrissey, Neil Young, Pixies, Bellx1, Midlake, Paul Simon, Lou Reed, Alanis Morrisette and Pink lol (took a niece).

Its never really been a great spot for a gig tbh. Crap sound, no atmosphere.

Had tickets for Cat Stevens which Covid killed. Shame as hes someone Ive always wanted to see.
Lou Reed doing Berlin, that must have been a good one.

Era I think Pink is great, I forgot that she played there. Another massive name.

Lou Reed doing Berlin, that must have been a good one.

Era I think Pink is great, I forgot that she played there. Another massive name.

He was alright, erra he was half fucked at that stage tbh.

Is it finished though? We moan but its great to have decent gigs on your doorstep.

Lol forgot I saw Muse down there in whataver the precursor to LATM was.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼