2023 Premier Intermediate hurling

It's hard bate. Hopefully the weather stays dry and there's some great matches. Hard to predict this grade all the same, won't be much in most of those games. Ballinhassig and Castlemartyr should be a cracker.
Should be I fancy ballinhassig but should be a cracker. It puts some pressure on the losers of the other game in that group too they will be under pressure if they lose that one

Fact. My predictions to get out the group are:

Castlelyons and Ballincollig
Ballymartle and Carrigaline
Castlemartyr Ballinhassig

Ballymartle v Carrigaline: Ballymartle
Eire Og v Valleys: Valleys
Ballincollig v Dungourney: Ballincollig
Castlelyons v Bandon: Castlelyons
Castlemartyr v Ballinhassig: Ballinhassig
Watergrasshill v Kilworth: Kilworth

Ballymartle v Carrigaline: Carrigaline - Local Derby game, hard to call.
Eire Og v Valleys: Eire Og - Eire Og will be buzzing after League Final win
Ballincollig v Dungourney: Ballincollig - Ballincollig well fancy themselves for the county so should take care of Dungourney
Castlelyons v Bandon: Castlelyons - Castlelyons under Furlong should be beating Bandon. How bookies have them favourites i dont know.
Castlemartyr v Ballinhassig: Ballinhassig - Ballinhassig my tip for county honours. Will be game of the weekend in this grade
Watergrasshill v Kilworth: Kilworth - Kilworth will be hurting from last year. League not great but should still in with a shout yto progress out of group.

Ballymartle v Carrigaline
Eire Og
v Valleys
Ballincollig v Dungourney
Castlelyons v Bandon
Castlemartyr v Ballinhassig
Watergrasshill v Kilworth

Ballymartle v Carrigaline: Carrig by 3
Eire og v valleys: draw
Ballincollig vs dungourney: ballincollig by 5
Castlelyons v Bandon: castlelyons by 6
Castlemartyr v ballinhassig: ballinhassig by 2
Watergrashill vs kilworth: draw

Carrigaline will just have too much tradition for their opponents.

Valleys have to be going well in one code and it’s not football.

Ballincollig and castlelyons will win pulling up.

Castlemartyr to beat ballinhassig as the ballinhassig lads are talking like they’ve already won the game.. telling lads to lump on them in the bookies. Focus on winning the match.

WGH will get over kilworth.

Carrigaline will just have too much tradition for their opponents.

Valleys have to be going well in one code and it’s not football.

Ballincollig and castlelyons will win pulling up.

Castlemartyr to beat ballinhassig as the ballinhassig lads are talking like they’ve already won the game.. telling lads to lump on them in the bookies. Focus on winning the match.

WGH will get over kilworth.
I’ve heard earlier in the week have a few of the watergrasshill panel walked away over a bust up with the coach? I was told four walked away, and was told yesterday anto Cronin is out for Sunday

As for ballinhassig they always talk themselves up every year the same as castlelyons. Is Castlemarter beat hassig this weekend you could see them struggle to get out of the group which would be some shock to the system for them. I think Collig will be the most impressive and talked about team after the weekend

I’ve heard earlier in the week have a few of the watergrasshill panel walked away over a bust up with the coach? I was told four walked away, and was told yesterday anto Cronin is out for Sunday
It was no different to what you’d see at a Limerick or Kilkenny club training weekly. WGH are trailblazing with that bit of steel we need to get back in Cork hurling. All forgotten about the next training with a handshake. Cronin a doubt alright

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼