Teddy McCarthy. R.I.P

What a whole hearted player! He gave everything for the Cork jersey. Terribly young to die. Condolences to all his family on his untimely passing.

Deepest sympathy to the family and friends.

Had the pleasure of his company for a few minutes just a few years ago. They say you shouldn't meet your heroes, but in his case that's total BS. I found him to be mild mannered and engaging, without being remotely big-headed. I avoided talking about hurling because I thought he'd be sick to death of talking with amateurs like me about a game in which he was more than expert. In the end, either he cracked or I did, and the h word was mentioned. He would have immediately known that I was not able to converse at his level, but he was happy to speak to me on mine. If a gentleman is somebody who makes others feel at ease around him, then Teddy Mac was indeed a gentleman around me.

He was part of all of our youths and will live forever in our memories. There will never be a Cork man remembered more fondly than Teddy Mac. RIP.

I remember well being in Thurles with my late father and seeing teddy soar. Think he caught or 4 skyscrapers in the 1st ten minutes. The crowd were transfixed with awe for this prodigy. Never forget it. RIP Teddy.

The story of Anthony Daly going into a pub in Blackpool one night and having a fuss made of him and an auld fella at the bar goes “and how many all Irelands did ye win?” “Two” says Daly. My man takes a sip and says “we’d a fella did that in a fortnight”

RIP Ted

20230606_235325.jpg

(Via Twitter)

Last edited:
I remember well being in Thurles with my late father and seeing teddy soar. Think he caught or 4 skyscrapers in the 1st ten minutes. The crowd were transfixed with awe for this prodigy. Never forget it. RIP Teddy.
That's the memory.
Him just soaring for the ball.
In both codes.
Legend is thrown about too easily but he is a legend.
Sad day in Cork/for Cork.
Deepest condolences to his family.
Such a young age for his kids to lose their father.
RIP Teddy.

RIP Teddy McCarthy. As 13 year olds we would sometimes bump into his car in Riverstown because his car had an alarm and he would come tearing out of the house and chase us down to the park. I’m sure he could have caught us if he wished too. My last summer in Ireland, Sars brought our u14 team to both all Ireland’s. How proud we were.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼