Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Hard to know with limerick.

There were definite signs of the old limerick in the third quarter when they took complete control.

They were much better than Tipp in second half - and Tipp were the lucky side to draw.

Worry for limerick though is when you see the likes of Cian Lynch and Hegarty being substituted and Sean Finn is a huge loss in defence.
Cork have every chance next weekend.

If Limerick do go in the back door they will be tough to stop later in the year.

There were definite signs of the old limerick in the third quarter when they took complete control.

They were much better than Tipp in second half - and Tipp were the lucky side to draw.

Worry for limerick though is when you see the likes of Cian Lynch and Hegarty being substituted and Sean Finn is a huge loss in defence.

If Limerick do go in the back door they will be tough to stop later in the year.
It's a free shot.
Can they beat Limerick? Absolutely.
A win or a draw is what is needed...........

An awful lot let go yesterday in Thurles. That's where the problem will be.

It's a free shot.
Can they beat Limerick? Absolutely.
A win or a draw is what is needed...........

An awful lot let go yesterday in Thurles. That's where the problem will be.

Hurling has always been a tough game and wouldn't want to see that change, but even rugby has cleaned up its act and collisions with the head are a no-no. Unfortunately, it seems that there's still a lot of premeditated heavy hits to the head being tolerated, and one county in particular seems to use it more than most.

Tipp fading in the 2nd half is what has happened every team that has played Limerick for years now, to be in there with a chance at that stage you have to go toe to toe and slug it out with them which empties the tank fast. Fair play to Sheedy, he got a lot right on the line yesterday and no problem hauling the more senior players ashore when needed to keep them hanging in there. Half way into the 2nd half he takes Bonner out and brings in Bowe, who then proceeds to hit 2 or 3 points of his own.. thats what it takes

Tipp fading in the 2nd half is what has happened every team that has played Limerick for years now, to be in there with a chance at that stage you have to go toe to toe and slug it out with them which empties the tank fast. Fair play to Sheedy, he got a lot right on the line yesterday and no problem hauling the more senior players ashore when needed to keep them hanging in there. Half way into the 2nd half he takes Bonner out and brings in Bowe, who then proceeds to hit 2 or 3 points of his own.. thats what it takes
But that rotation of scoring forwards into the line seemed to have been the plan yesterday.
I agree we should do it but I think you could pick 6 clones of Brian Corcoran and if the ball going in is woeful it won't make any difference.

Hurling has always been a tough game and wouldn't want to see that change, but even rugby has cleaned up its act and collisions with the head are a no-no. Unfortunately, it seems that there's still a lot of premeditated heavy hits to the head being tolerated, and one county in particular seems to use it more than most.
Morrissey's headshot was pure filth.. he lines Barrett up on the near side so he can make it look less severe and less intentional, and then nails him. I didn't watch TSG last night and have no doubt that if they did focus on it they will have said that Barrett dipped his head so its no ones fault really, but Morissey knew exactly what he was at. Himself and Flanagan dish this shit out regularly, time someone returned the compliment

Morrissey's headshot was pure filth.. he lines Barrett up on the near side so he can make it look less severe and less intentional, and then nails him. I didn't watch TSG last night and have no doubt that if they did focus on it they will have said that Barrett dipped his head so its no ones fault really, but Morissey knew exactly what he was at. Himself and Flanagan dish this shit out regularly, time someone returned the compliment

Which is bang on what Duignan said during the game.
That and the face guard pull ................someone is going to get seriously injured soon.

But that rotation of scoring forwards into the line seemed to have been the plan yesterday.
I agree we should do it but I think you could pick 6 clones of Brian Corcoran and if the ball going in is woeful it won't make any difference.
I mean the timing of it. Of course we intended rotating our forwards but it feels a bit like it is all pre-planned down to the minute they will come on. Cahill was bang on the money with his timing, I'd have thought there was another 5-10 mins in Maher

Not a major deal but who hit the very last free for Cork right down on top of Diarmuid Ryan?
Collins was coming to hit it, clearly we were out of time but to put it in the one place there was no one - not even a Clare back.....................dry day, short grass, ball in has to change.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Girlfriend

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼