Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Limerick definitely a bit flat or something. Lynch & hegarty would not both be substituted in normal circumstances. Hopefully it's putting some doubts into their heads.

I'd love if management took a gamble, put Eoin Downey full back and Damien Cahalane into midfield. And even start Tim O'Mahony.
If you had Cahalane, Joyce, rob Downey, Dalton , O'Mahony onto the dirty balls around midfield it would ask a few questions of limerick
Horses for courses next week. I’d have Cahalane following Hegarty everywhere he goes, Millerick on Morrissey who is at this stage their best foward and Rob back full back on Flanagan

Our midfield and half foward line is key, we need to stand toe to toe with Donoghue (Tim), Hayes(Dalton) and Byrne(Twomey) and run the legs off Hannon (Fitzy)

Man on man and make them empty their tank again, it is running out

We need to start Hayes next week. His MO should be to forget about scoring, just focus on battering the living daylights out of as many Limerick backs as possible, before making way for fresh legs.

He can try to knock Quaid into Row Z for the win.

Today was one of those rare times when you couldn’t really complain about the result or the performance. Clare probably just about deserved to shade it.

On one level it’s bonkers that Dublin will be in the all Ireland series and one of Cork, Limerick and Tipp won’t be but if we don’t win one of the three games against Clare, Limerick and Tipp then we will deserve to be out.

the clock ticking a bit further on to 19…

We need to start Hayes next week. His MO should be to forget about scoring, just focus on battering the living daylights out of as many Limerick backs as possible, before making way for fresh legs.

He can try to knock Quaid into Row Z for the win.
Agreed we definitely need a different kind of threat in the forward line if we’re going to beat them

Shit or bust next week. Some posters who haven’t been seen in months jumping on the forum again to criticise players and management. Some lads just love to be miserable.

We were very poor for large parts of the game. Similar to the Tipp match we could’ve steamrolled them early on. Hoggy’s chance the was blow out, Hoggys point that he could’ve played inside to Harnedy. We looked good the first 15 minutes, with Joycey mopping up the Clare puckouts. Then we fell asleep again similar to the Tipp game where Clare were miles better.

Roche and Meade were excellent for me. Meade is so important to everything we do. Some lads had bad days but they kept fighting. Up front we were disappointing. The ball came out too easily, and in fairness there was plenty of ball let in. Some fellas saying it was too high etc, which is understandable, but it shouldn’t have to be the perfect pass every time.

All in all, we’re just that small bit off the pack at the moment. That being said, we have to tear into Limerick next week. They’ve embarrassed us over the last 5 years, and we have the chance to knock them out. Nobody will be giving us a chance but our lads should be relishing the challenge.

sorry now but when Millerick came on Tony Kelly got nothing, if he started we win that game. I’m not blaming management and it’s easy to wise after the fact but Millerick done great when he came on
Spot on, Millerick did more tackling in 5 mins then TOC in the first half. Not the only one, but the lad was way off form today.

it’s bonkers that Dublin will be in the all Ireland series and one of Cork, Limerick and Tipp won’t be but if we don’t win one of the three games against Clare, Limerick and Tipp then we will deserve to be out.
the Leinster provincial series is dead in the water. In fact I think the whole thing should be scrapped. It nearly always KK with Galway maybe putting up a fight. Dublin aren’t at the races. They never pushed on from 2013 in the semis against us Look at Wexford today. Jaysus 17 pts up and they lose?!

Once the back door came in I think it watered down the glamour of winning a provincial final. They really need to look at an open champions league style draw for all teams.

I’m heading home after a big sulk.
I had a shit ticket behind the goal. So I don’t see everything.
When losing by a point all the small things matter.
My immediate reaction was that the pucking out was very poor and that it’s pointless hitting the ball into the corner and expecting Hoggy and SH to win a race.
RD, CJ and BR, all young men, were very good.
Damo blocked the square well but 2 and 4 were slow to pick up the pieces.
I’m a supporter of the new management but I was disappointed at the announced team and hoped it was a dummy. Only TOC. BR and DD different from last year. CC is not ic standard and neither is TOC despite his skill and aggression. He’s simply too small.
I’m 50/50 on DD and remain the same after today.
If we’re going to play long balls into the corners we must consider SK, SB, PP, BH and Alan Cadogan.
I also feel that S Twomey should be at 10 or 12.
There are not 15 better hurlers than TOM in Cork.
All managers have favourites who cannot be dropped. GM or ED should replace him and let’s keep the other five defenders.
Finally, beating Limerick is not impossible.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼