The Kerry Babies Case

If both Mattie and Soundy were from Kerry, it would give the title of this thread a whole different meaning!

I won't speculate ;) about Matty being from kirry. In fact I think I read here that she's some mucksavage from the wilds of North Cork, but that could well just be an unsubstantiated rumour.

So what happens now? With this information re the biological parents of Baby John , unless there is a confession it may never actually be known who murdered him. 🤷

So what happens now? With this information re the biological parents of Baby John , unless there is a confession it may never actually be known who murdered him. 🤷
I wouldn't be certain they'll need a confession. It's likely that someone else knows something.

The couple will also need to account for why they never reported their baby missing at the very least.

Presumably they can be done for perverting the course of justice at the very least.
Unless they can convince the guards that they genuinely didn't know. For example, that they were told that the child died in childbirth.

Given all the media coverage of the time though, I find it highly implausible that they wouldn't have at least considered that baby John might have been theirs.

Unless they can convince the guards that they genuinely didn't know. For example, that they were told that the child died in childbirth.

Given all the media coverage of the time though, I find it highly implausible that they wouldn't have at least considered that baby John might have been theirs.
I think if the DNA sample taken was confirmed while they were still in the station like the Kerry paper is saying, then the couple will have already have provided a very good explanation.
Hardly left walk out of the station otherwise..
What went on in the good old days doesn’t bear thinking about…

I think if the DNA sample taken was confirmed while they were still in the station like the Kerry paper is saying, then the couple will have already have provided a very good explanation.
Hardly left walk out of the station otherwise..
What went on in the good old days doesn’t bear thinking about…
Its normal procedure to let suspects go while getting DPP directions. They can't be held pending direction

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 4:15pm

More events ▼