The Kerry Babies Case

I'm not trying to make a criminal case, I'm just casting doubt on your assertion that it was investigated, with the knowledge of how other cases were 'investigated' at the time.

I don't have to prove that any crime was committed, though statutory rape seems most likely.

Back to the fundamental question though of what is it that you want investigated?

You are asking why the guards didn't investigate this as rape or child abuse. The answer is because there was no evidence of rape or child abuse, and there was no victim to make a complaint.

🤔
Granard was a small town Mattie under the firm grip of the church. They possibly didn't want the bad reputation that would have followed such a revelation.
I don't know if you remember the nun from Anne Lovett's school speaking after the tragedy. I don't think she could have been colder or more unfeeling in her statement. A speak your weight machine would have shown more feeling imo.

So the people of granard decided they didn't want the publicity associated with this? Maybe do, but that's not a hush up.

Yes, I've heard the nuns speech ( I don't remember it from the time) and it was awful.

So the people of granard decided they didn't want the publicity associated with this? Maybe do, but that's not a hush up.

Yes, I've heard the nuns speech ( I don't remember it from the time) and it was awful.
🤔
Sorry Mattie.
What I meant was that the church didn't want the publicity for their "holy, catholic town". People followed their lead as I can't imagine back then that anyone would publicly go against the church in a Midlands shithole.

Back to the fundamental question though of what is it that you want investigated?

You are asking why the guards didn't investigate this as rape or child abuse. The answer is because there was no evidence of rape or child abuse, and there was no victim to make a complaint.
As someone pointed out above, it could also have been incest, which is also a crime.

This case has always shocked me. Practically medieval type witch hunt.

Basically the local slut was blamed for having a still born baby and the guards/church constructed a narrative that she had twins fathered by different men who she had sex with very close together.

I could never really understand it.

Beggars belief and its not that long ago.

Ultimately a new born child was killed and nobody ever found or the circumstances never fully explai

☺️True. The gardaí would never behave like that today.
👍

🤔
Sorry Mattie.
What I meant was that the church didn't want the publicity for their "holy, catholic town".
Locals closed ranks all these years
Got this news a few days ago,
and what's worse it's the mother of the child that stabbed the poor boy.
Not the father.

Joanne Hayes and family were targeted etc not only because she turned up at a hospital as a pregnant woman and legged it ,
But her family had close ties to the republican movement which suited the cowardly AGS heavy gang
Yes different times ,but then same cunts did likewise to republicans up n down the country

LLS was on Saturday, Emily O'Reilly for the Sunday Tribune wrote the initial report after going to the funeral in Granard.

The boyfriend was a teenager of a similar age, he came forward a couple of years ago.

He moved to England soon after iirc, but I don't know whether it was ever properly investigated at the time.

edit - according to wikipedia, in his interview

ok, nothing to see here, move along folks.

The death was pretty much hushed up at first.

Were the circumstances of how she got pregnant investigated? I don't know, tragic story though.

Let me repeat what I said.

Were the circumstances of how she got pregnant investigated?

I don't know whether it was ever properly investigated.

I'm sticking by what I said.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Elsewhere - A New Opera by Michael Gallen
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

95b (NC) [Phantoscope]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:15pm

More events ▼