The Action Plan for Housing.

Distraught house-hunters who went sale agreed on seven properties in an estate in Co Mayo have been informed that the houses have now been sold to a single buyer instead.

Young families and couples are among those impacted and some had already given notice to move out of their current homes.

An advertisement for the Military Close estate in Ballinrobe, Co Mayo, stated it was “the first development of its kind to be built in the town in over 10 years”.

There are 14 houses in total in the development, including one four-bed detached house and 13 three-beds that are semi-detached or terraced. They were advertised at between €220,000 and €225,000.

^This should not be allowed to happen, yet the neoliberal shills on here will no doubt defend it and label those opposed to such purchases of blocks of houses by single investors to rent out to the very families who had deposits paid for them as communist fellow travellers and PBP activists.

No wonder this country is screwed.
Poor Rox

Agreed and it more than likely is, they are buying up units like that in all new developments.
Social housing is getting priority now for the last few years.

And the Part V planning legislation is moving from 10% of units in a development being social to 20%.

So any new private housing development will be 20% social housing.

Although I'd imagine you'd be fairly annoyed if you've saved up years to get a deposit and your next door neighbours got the house for free.

And the Part V planning legislation is moving from 10% of units in a development being social to 20%.

So any new private housing development will be 20% social housing.

Although I'd imagine you'd be fairly annoyed if you've saved up years to get a deposit and your next door neighbours got the house for free.
Exactly it must be a head wrecker.

I imagine people must be thinking what's the point in doing things the right way in such circumstances

It wouldn't surprise me if those were bought by a local authority or AHB. I think investment funds have their sights set a bit higher than 7 houses in Ballinrobe
Possibly.

Each of the people affected paid a deposit of €6,000 and have been told they will be refunded. Six people paid deposits and one person had agreed to buy two properties.

So one person was planning to buy two of the houses, sounds like an investor, individuals should only be allowed to buy houses in new developments if they plan to live in them, we need to root out cute hoors trying to make a fast buck out of the crisis.

I wonder how those buying the other 7 houses in the estate feel about 7 of the units ending up as social housing.🤔

Possibly.

Each of the people affected paid a deposit of €6,000 and have been told they will be refunded. Six people paid deposits and one person had agreed to buy two properties.

So one person was planning to buy two of the houses, sounds like an investor, individuals should only be allowed to buy houses in new developments if they plan to live in them, we need to root out cute hoors trying to make a fast buck out of the crisis.

I wonder how those buying the other 7 houses in the estate feel about 7 of the units ending up as social housing.🤔

Similar to how the people in Kileens feel I'd imagine

Possibly.

Rox you had better get your placard;

Those bloody investors ;

Possibly.

Take your Wumming to the IOTY threads m8. 👉

Some of us are trying to have a serious discussion.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

26th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

DJ Roscoe

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼