Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Couple of these players are no where near inter county level. Time to cut the panel now. Ethan Twomey, Hayes , Dalton, Roches don’t have what’s required tbh .
The Roches🤔. Both of them had solid games today. It was a really tough game today and we came out the other side of it with a win. It'll stand to the group come championship. We should be looking upon this as a positive and not a negative. Management would have learned loads from today. Winning is a habit and we have it at the moment. A bit less of the negativity!!

The Roches🤔. Both of them had solid games today. It was a really tough game today and we came out the other side of it with a win. It'll stand to the group come championship. We should be looking upon this as a positive and not a negative. Management would have learned loads from today. Winning is a habit and we have it at the moment. A bit less of the negativity!!
This was not a "really tough game"
Great to get the win but we were very lucky against a poor team

Couple of these players are no where near inter county level. Time to cut the panel now. Ethan Twomey, Hayes , Dalton, Roches don’t have what’s required tbh .
Ethan Twomey is 20 years of age for fuck sake and is a great talent. He was nervous today but he'll come good. Well worth giving him game time. An absolute certainty to make the panel.

Dalton and Hayes had poor games but clearly are worth their place on the panel. Hayes was disappointing today but he's a work in progress.

Brian Roche? Are you serious? He'll be in contention to start championship.
Eoin Roche is easily worth his place on the panel also.

There's other guys under way more pressure than the few you have named to make the championship panel.

A few things to work on:
First touch
Support play
Early scores on the board
Finishing goal chances (have a look at Jake Morris' x 3)
Alternatives to passing the ball backwards, or laterally, in front of an oncoming attacker

Can't ever again allow a team hold us to 0 for 20 minutes.

This was not a "really tough game"
Great to get the win but we were very lucky against a poor team
Wexford are not a poor team, they put out a scratch team last week and took an unmerciful hammering. They had to come out today with a performance, and they did. Nearly all their big guns out. We were poor yeah but they made us poor, we couldn’t deal with them playing the sweeper, continued to play long into our 2 young forwards who were outnumbered, but we still came away with the win. Great for us.
Few lads look off the pace to start in the bigger games but they’ll have learned that there’s a big step up from senior club & u20.
All in all a good run out, happy enough with it.

Ethan Twomey is 20 years of age for fuck sake and is a great talent. He was nervous today but he'll come good. Well worth giving him game time. An absolute certainty to make the panel.

Dalton and Hayes had poor games but clearly are worth their place on the panel. Hayes was disappointing today but he's a work in progress.

Brian Roche? Are you serious? He'll be in contention to start championship.
Eoin Roche is easily worth his place on the panel also.

There's other guys under way more pressure than the few you have named to make the championship panel.
The level of absolutist nonsense that gets written about players is not something to take seriously.
You have people flippantly writing off senior members of the panel in their absence, and then others looking to discard rookies after a couple of games.

It's feckin hilarious 😂
Thankfully anyone seriously connected with the team isn't that nuts.

Wexford are no great shakes too. Clare scored about 45 points up on them.

I worry for this cork team, no settled partnerships, no set game plan, lots of good young lads being tried with little experience.

Undefeated but arguable could have lost lost of the games also except for Galway. Cracks are there for sure.

Wexford are no great shakes too. Clare scored about 45 points up on them.

I worry for this cork team, no settled partnerships, no set game plan, lots of good young lads being tried with little experience.

Undefeated but arguable could have lost lost of the games also except for Galway. Cracks are there for sure.
Are you talking just about the league?
Are you seriously suggesting we were in danger of losing to Westmeath?!

A sample of one is always unscientific.
Our win today was larceny.
I’ve attended all games except Westmeath and here are my views based on all three
Goalkeeper
I continue to have reservations about PC but he seems to be the only one in contention. He needs to be coached to drive the ball parallel to the ground and drop his long and short lobs.
Cornerback
SOD is a guaranteed starter Both NOL and ER were adequate today and I slightly favour ER. However I’d like to see Connor OCallaghan being tested against good Clare forwards.
Fullback
I have campaigned for ED but he had a number of blood rushes today which would be fatal against good forwards. DOL appears to be the only option and again he should get a run against Clare. Fallbacks are Damo and Rob and both have limitations.
Centreback
CJ struggled for a lot of the game on Chin but he’s a must at 6.
Wingbacks
TOC continues to play well but I worry about him against a tall forward. It will be hard to leave him out. I’m a fan of RD as a wingback and he did well today when he came on. Damo is strongly in contention for 7 and Cormac O’Brrien has also put up his hand. I was disappointed at ET’s lack of pace and his indecisiveness. His time will probably come but not this year. Daire apparently didn’t do well v WH but maybe he’s worth another look v Clare.
Midfield
BR worked hard today without achieving a lot but he is in contention. DF if fit will probably take one position. I’m not sure what PR’s plans are for TOM but he must be a midfield option.
LM was anonymous today.
Halfforwards
SB did well today and SH showed that we still need warriors.
DD was woeful and didn’t want to fight for the ball on the ground. On the other hand he was excellent against Galway but was lucky not to be sent off He’s the original enigma.
CC is just short of the quality for IC hurling despite his Cahalane heart.
ST was excellent v Galway and must be a serious contender.
CL is still worth his place and TOM may be an option here as well.
Fullforwards.
Write down Hoggy’s name.
SH may be used here also.
ROF will be automatic if he recovers in time.
Alan Connolly would also be on my team.
PP showed enough today to be a possibility.
BH’s touch is poor and he’s not great in the air for a tall man.
SK cannot win his own ball and may be a useful sub.
JOC cannot control the ball or himself and needs to stop the stupid fouling. Again he could be useful against a tiring team.
For all his energy I think Alan Cadogan’s ship has sailed.
Sin a bhfuil on a day we qualified for a League semifinal.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicole Maguire
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:45pm

More events ▼