Cyclists

And it is very easily done. A sticker with 5 digits and a letter combination could be place anywhere on the bike.
This nonsense about about no other country doing that this is not excuse, no other country had an indoor smoking ban before us either.
A sticker the size of a postage stamp is one thing, but that is not a reg plate that one can track on the road while someone is cycling.

At the end of the day, one just needs to look at countries that have the greatest take-up in cycling. The standouts are of course the Dutch and Danes, but many other countries leave Ireland for dead on this issue.

What they all DONT have are stupid little laws to appease some mini Hitlers that one must be insured or registered or taxed or some other Micky mouse bollox like that. You don't encourage activity by making it harder and more inaccessible. Even the resident uneducated fools among us should realise that.

Eh, both go hand and hand the world over
It is not I who is an uneducated reactionary idiot who would deny cyclists the infrastructure they deserve and need.
Soundy is a miserable cunt by all accounts.

They deserve???? By what criteria exactly do cyclists deserve a large increase of cycle lanes when they don't use the ones they already have.

And as for need? They don't even use the cycle lanes they have how exactly do they need more? You're not going to tell us that there's cyclists trapped in their homes unable to commute because of the dearth of cycle lanes are you?

Deserve :lol!:

A sticker the size of a postage stamp is one thing, but that is not a reg plate that one can track on the road while someone is cycling.

At the end of the day, one just needs to look at countries that have the greatest take-up in cycling. The standouts are of course the Dutch and Danes, but many other countries leave Ireland for dead on this issue.

What they all DONT have are stupid little laws to appease some mini Hitlers that one must be insured or registered or taxed or some other Micky mouse bollox like that. You don't encourage activity by making it harder and more inaccessible. Even the resident uneducated fools among us should realise that.

Bicycles tend to mover more slowly than cars and as we've seen ever improving technology can successfully scan 6 car registrations per second. It's not beyond technology to be able to track registration markings on individual bicycles. If only you obeyed the Rules of The Road *ank - then you'd have nothing to worry about 😇

How is following the ROTR making it hard for cyclists? Follow the rules and you will no issues with fines, the same as every other road user. I said nothing about a reg plate, a sticker mounted and is clearly visible anywhere on the bike will do.
Do you think that cyclists that break our laws should get away with it?

How is following the ROTR making it hard for cyclists? Follow the rules and you will no issues with fines, the same as every other road user. I said nothing about a reg plate, a sticker mounted and is clearly visible anywhere on the bike will do.
Do you think that cyclists that break our laws should get away with it?

I am not talking about the ROTR. I am talking about attempts to make it harder for people to cycle, which ultimately calls to put a reg plate on bicycles are about. Its just knee jerk right wing nonsense from idiot drivers who want to punch down.

They deserve???? By what criteria exactly do cyclists deserve a large increase of cycle lanes when they don't use the ones they already have.

And as for need? They don't even use the cycle lanes they have how exactly do they need more? You're not going to tell us that there's cyclists trapped in their homes unable to commute because of the dearth of cycle lanes are you?

Deserve :lol!:

Cycles are used. Lots of data publicly available shows that.
If Cycle lanes are improved and made better and safer, they are used more. Again, lots of data available shows that.

It's not my fault you don't cant read.

As for need, well there are thousands of kids who could and would cycle to school if it was safe for them to do so, but I guess they or their safety dont matter to you. Only the unloved think like that Soundy.

Bicycles tend to mover more slowly than cars and as we've seen ever improving technology can successfully scan 6 car registrations per second. It's not beyond technology to be able to track registration markings on individual bicycles. If only you obeyed the Rules of The Road *ank - then you'd have nothing to worry about 😇

So technology can read markings the size of a postage stamp on a bike going 20-30kph?
Right so.....

Of course, you ignored the most pertinent issue here. That no one country in the world is advocating or looking to do what you are advocating. Which tells a lot tbh.

The easiest way to do what you are saying is by using face recognition technology. It already exists in places like China. That is the side of history you are on Soundy.

By all means, lobby your TD to install this on roads so you can catch those pesky cyclists. We will see how far you get.

I am not talking about the ROTR. I am talking about attempts to make it harder for people to cycle, which ultimately calls to put a reg plate on bicycles are about. Its just knee jerk right wing nonsense from idiot drivers who want to punch down.
Nonsense, getting a registration sticker when you purchase a bike isn't making it hard for anyone. If someone goes through a red light be they motorist or cyclist I want them caught and fined. You want cyclists to get off scot free for breaking the rules.

How exactly, by putting a chip on it, or a reg plate, or something else?
Spit it out.

would a badge around this size on your bike really put you out so much? one on the back of front. or possibly back and front.

for a fella who calls people idiots and makes fun of their intelligence this can’t be beyond the bounds of your imagination.

bicycles are obliged to have reflectors, a bell amd lights for cycling in the dark. an extra badge back and front is easily doable.

edit: i’m not saying cyclists should be paying to be on the road. i’m saying these badges should be issued to every bike on the road or maybe just individually to each bicyclist and can be moved to another bicycle should their buy a new one.

1669319065114.jpeg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼