Cyclists

Gas, all the false sentiment about cutting a few trees. Cut the tree and plant it elsewhere. There would be no progress if we listened to these ghouls.
See my previous post, ya dope. Trees in urban areas reduce the ambient temperature as they work as a heat sink. They also have an aesthetic value (that means they look nice, in case you were wondering).

Why is it a disgrace? Bus lanes make alot of sense and improves service for commuters. Do you know how many trees were removed for the Fermoy/Mitchelstown bypass, or even how many so far have been removed for the new Ringaskiddy route.
Must all road improvements be rerouted because of trees? That makes no cost sense at all.
It's a disgrace because outside of a couple of hours in the mornings and evenings when buses might actually be full, the Boreenmana Road isn't a traffic blackspot that needs dedicated bus lanes in both directions. Any time I see the 215A during the day there are only a handful of people on it. Same for most other routes on the southside now that I think of it.

But yeah, totally worth chopping down all the trees :rolleyes:

See my previous post, ya dope. Trees in urban areas reduce the ambient temperature as they work as a heat sink. They also have an aesthetic value (that means they look nice, in case you were wondering).

It's a disgrace because outside of a couple of hours in the mornings and evenings when buses might actually be full, the Boreenmana Road isn't a traffic blackspot that needs dedicated bus lanes in both directions. Any time I see the 215A during the day there are only a handful of people on it. Same for most other routes on the southside now that I think of it.

Oh joy, an anecdote.

Has a close call last monday night @ 6pm approx on the |Mardyke with a person on a motorised scooter.I was heading up by the cricket grounds and had seen the scooter in the middle of the road speeding towards me,i pulled in to the footpath and slowed down ,who ever was on the scooter passed me with less that a foot to spare.
If he/she would have hit me he/she would have damaged my car,hurt himself/herself, broke thes scooter and the possibility of the guards being called.
"possibility?" a certainty according to the law.

Why is it a disgrace? Bus lanes make alot of sense and improves service for commuters. Do you know how many trees were removed for the Fermoy/Mitchelstown bypass, or even how many so far have been removed for the new Ringaskiddy route.
Must all road improvements be rerouted because of trees? That makes no cost sense at all.

Bus lanes MIGHT improve services for commuters but only if they're utilized properly and done in conjunction with more frequent and better spaced busses that can be relied upon to turn up at the allotted time. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen two busses for the same destination literally within yards of each other. It's crazy that they're not being scheduled properly. 😞

We are all pedestrians BR. We already pay taxes. If pedestrians demanded and were given a space in the traffic lanes for their use as well as the footpaths then you'd have the same logic. But pedestrians don't demand to have a set aside area (footpath/like cyclists cyclepath) AND be also permitted to walk the length of traffic lanes and demand motorists give them 1.5m clearance when they overtake because they're more vulnerable road users.
Kinda my point. I pay road tax too and that should help pay for infrastructure on the roads- whether I drive on them, whether I cycle them or use public transportation.

Bus lanes MIGHT improve services for commuters but only if they're utilized properly and done in conjunction with more frequent and better spaced busses that can be relied upon to turn up at the allotted time. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen two busses for the same destination literally within yards of each other. It's crazy that they're not being scheduled properly. 😞

The reason buses get bunched up is because of traffic from other cars.

If one has bus lanes where buses can keep to a schedule then the phenomenon is largely solved, along with things like tap and go and stop delaying the bus driver by handing over cash.

This is the whole idea behind bus connects. Establishing bus-only lanes where buses can easily and freely meet their schedule at all time of the day.

This issue here is purely cyclist hate. They can't see past the benefits of bus lanes to commuters because of them being cycle lanes as well. It's a nonsense stance to take. Trees are cut down regularly for road improvements, never seen anyone complain.
Agree

Note my example of the clearance works happening right now at the Mulcon Valley on the N28 being ignored.

Yet if a tree is cut down for a bus lane or god forbid a cycle lane, every idiot with a car is an environmentalist all of a sudden.

Outside of a few hours during the day, most roads are empty and those cars that do drive on them only have one person in them.
However, I wonder if buses are more frequent and reliable perhaps more people would use them, no?

The fake excuses are hilarious by our resident idiots.

Trees removed for bike lanes and bus lanes have feelings.

Meanwhile, a whole forest of trees numbering in the thousands is being cleared to make way for the M28 (a project I support by the way). Not much of a peep from the usual resident idiots about that.

This is the lie that people spout.

They say they are not against Bus lanes just cycle lanes, yet if there was no cycle lanes included in the plan, they would pick something else to moan about it.
Simply put they want the status quo, yet will quip and moan about the traffic getting worse.
Clearly, these people are slow.

I see *ank is trying to conflate the need for better bus and public transport infrastructure with his desire for more bike lanes again. :ROFLMAO:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼