The Hurling Thread

I don't take any exception with no Cork all-stars lost year, even though we reached the final.
Let's be honest. There was no player that stood out, was there.
Tim O'Mahoney, Jack O'Connor, Shane Kingston, Sean O'Donghue, Rob Downey all good in patches. But that's about it.
I do, however, take exception to this year's selection. 3 Clare lads??? Ah come on like. How in the fck did they deserve all-stars????

Yet have a bee in your bonnet about some perceived bias. If something that is meaningless and you have no regard for upsets you and you feel it needs discussion, then I stand by my earlier comment and you should also get out more. ;)
I don't have a bee in any of my bonnets.
I was replying to your post and pointed out that discussion on a discussion forum is more or less what you would expect.

I also pointed to two instances where the exclusion of Cork players is difficult to explain. I think both of those were unusual and controversial.

It is possible to have an opinion on something you have little regard for.

I don't have a bee in any of my bonnets.
I was replying to your post and pointed out that discussion on a discussion forum is more or less what you would expect.

I also pointed to two instances where the exclusion of Cork players is difficult to explain. I think both of those were unusual and controversial.

It is possible to have an opinion on something you have little regard for.
Hardly difficult to explain, the people picking the team that year thought Cooper and Coulter had a better season than him. Picking Allstars is opinion based and subjective not some bias or conspiracy theory.

Hardly difficult to explain, the people picking the team that year thought Cooper and Coulter had a better season than him. Picking Allstars is opinion based and subjective not some bias or conspiracy theory.
I accept that, but if I recall correctly Kerry were beaten in the quarter finals in 2010 and Goulding was absolutely vital to Cork in their All Ireland win.

I think if the roles had been reversed there would have been mayhem.

I accept that, but if I recall correctly Kerry were beaten in the quarter finals in 2010 and Goulding was absolutely vital to Cork in their All Ireland win.

I think if the roles had been reversed there would have been mayhem.
See that is the point I am getting at, there wouldn't be mayhem as no one really gives a shite about the all stars.
If maybe it was picked exclusively by players like the FOTY/HOTY then it may have some credibility but in it's current form, it's a glorified club dinner dance.

JJ Delaney joining Cats U20 backroom set up
Some hurler in his day
Legend

jj-delaney-leaves-the-pitch-for-a-blood-injury-752x501.jpg

For me . The best of all time. Play anywhere (including full back). Mark anyone. Overcome injury. Kept Ben quiet.
For me that KK team had 3 all-time geats, Henry, Tommy & JJ. Always thought he didn't get as much recognition as the other 2 because he had to go in full-back when at the time he was the best half-back in the country. Some player.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Blue Steel

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼