The Hurling Thread

I wonder if butler was a Cork player and Joyce a kilkenny player would Joyce have won yhoty??? Definite anti Cork bias with these awards over the years.
Looks that way to me.

Joyce is the only actual "young" player in the 3 nominees as well.
I know the cut-off age is 22 but seriously, how can they not see that what Joyce did this season as a 19 year old is more noteworthy than what 2 players who have a good 3 years on him did in that Kilkenny set-up?

Mark it down on the black book and press on for next year. When our time will come it'll be glorious and every fucker in the country won't hear the end of it.
Jeez I hope so.
18 years of biting one's tongue ain't healthy, a lot of Rebel superiority has been held in check, just waiting to be unleashed on the nation 🤣

I wonder if butler was a Cork player and Joyce a kilkenny player would Joyce have won yhoty??? Definite anti Cork bias with these awards over the years.
That is definitely true. No awards in 2021 despite Cork competing in All Ireland Final? I predict All star awards will be obsolete or irrelevant in a few years.

I don't understand people getting upset by all stars, they are a waste of time at this stage and have been since they started picking people outside their position to accommodate players and get them awards. Just a complete cop out, nice for the player, sure, but beyond that, an irrelevance.
Claiming some sort of anti bias against Cork just makes us look like morons.

I don't understand people getting upset by all stars, they are a waste of time at this stage and have been since they started picking people outside their position to accommodate players and get them awards. Just a complete cop out, nice for the player, sure, but beyond that, an irrelevance.
Claiming some sort of anti bias against Cork just makes us look like morons.
Why ?

I don't have any regard for the All stars , I agree with most that they mean nothing.
If ever the selection is switched to the team being picked by fellow inter county players then it may mean something. Individual awards in a team game set up means nothing in my opinion.

The debate about an anti-Cork bias is a different argument.
How often has a beaten team in an All Ireland final not received a single award when players got them on teams beaten by Cork en route to the final, even when the great Kilkenny and Dublin teams were playing.
Go back to 2010 when Daniel Goulding didn't get an award. there have been some astonishing decisions against Cork through the years.

Why is discussing this making us look like morons?
Is this not a forum for debate?

Why ?

I don't have any regard for the All stars , I agree with most that they mean nothing.
If ever the selection is switched to the team being picked by fellow inter county players then it may mean something. Individual awards in a team game set up means nothing in my opinion.

The debate about an anti-Cork bias is a different argument.
How often has a beaten team in an All Ireland final not received a single award when players got them on teams beaten by Cork en route to the final, even when the great Kilkenny and Dublin teams were playing.
Go back to 2010 when Daniel Goulding didn't get an award. there have been some astonishing decisions against Cork through the years.

Why is discussing this making us look like morons?
Is this not a forum for debate?
Yet have a bee in your bonnet about some perceived bias. If something that is meaningless and you have no regard for upsets you and you feel it needs discussion, then I stand by my earlier comment and you should also get out more. ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼