2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Well done to R&B and the other Barrs lads. Much better team in the 2nd half. Hopefully they can make a run at
Congrats to the Barrs. Well worth their win. They never let Blackrock get going. Hats off to both teams as well for playing in that rain. Absolutely rancid conditions. I've nearly got pneumonia and I was under the North Stand. Can't believe they made them go through with the parade as well!

Could be some few weeks for the Barrs. Won't be a man seen all week outside of Moks and Lennoxes.
Barrs much better! Great potential in the team and expect the 3 Cahalanes, the 2 Bens, Ethan Twomey , Cian Walsh, Burns and Brian Hayes to play for Cork hurlers next year. Hopefully, they’ll all choose hurling. Ryan and co. will be on top of this

I wont comment much as im tearing into the hot toddies to get the wet and cold out of my bones.

Just to say a massive congratulations to R&B, Bluesbell and all associated with St.Finbarrs. A cracking second half performance to cap off a cracking county championship for ye.

I doubted ye all year and even at half time I felt ye had done most of the hurling but only a point lead to show for it and that The Rockies would grind ye down in the last 30. Instead ye tore into the Rockies and gave yerselfs a platform to showcase yer skills and got yer just rewards.

Personally feel the games should have been postponed. The worst conditions I ever recall. Worse even then Kilkenny Limerick in 2014. Kudos to all 4 teams for competing in those conditions today. Some of the skill levels were extremely high given that rain. Fair play to the groundskeepers as well. If that had been the old pairc it would have resembled the AquaDome down in Tralee. Pitch held up something savage, illustrated by the massive flooding everywhere outside the stadium.

I hope the Barrs don't overdo the celebrations, love for them to really go at the Munster championship. For the rest of the year I'm no longer a neutral and now a blues supporter.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all the Barrs fellas on here on a super day for their great club, it's great to see them back at the top table of Cork hurling and I really hope they are back doing this regularly and also making an impact in the munster club championship with this great young team.

Hard luck to the Rockies, very hard to loose a game in those conditions today but was wonderful to see them break through two years ago and come on strong again this year, they'll have a lot of say in the coming years aswell.

Cork hurling is in a very positive place this year after watching some of the offerings across all the levels, and Pat Ryan and his team are going to have the best kind of headaches over the winter in determining who well be seeing line out for Cork in 2023. God know I can't wait to see.

One question I have......."Who put the ball in the Rockies net?"
Not Jimmy???

Over a month away, but it’s Eire Og, Ennis (who are also on for a senior double) or Ballyea for the Barrs in the Munster semi final.
Barrs definitely are a team that can beat anyone, and take Munster. Rockies bar Connolly are a collection of good club players, and never did well in the Munster arena. Brian Hayes and Ben O’ Connor choosing hurling is critical. Having said that congratulations to both teams on performing in tough conditions, and Rockies will be back!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼