The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

I genuinely presumed he had been cleared because he was played..........when Spurs bought Bissouma it became clear a couple of weeks after that he was cleared. I wouldn't have been happy with him being played with a cloud over him about something so serious.

Fwiw, I don't think any of the Arsenal fans here would feel it was ok per se.........I am just saying it seems very strange that the club see fit to play him - devil's advocate - what if he is not cleared? I doubt AFC would want to be associated with a player who did that.

I genuinely presumed he had been cleared because he was played..........when Spurs bought Bissouma it became clear a couple of weeks after that he was cleared. I wouldn't have been happy with him being played with a cloud over him about something so serious.

Fwiw, I don't think any of the Arsenal fans here would feel it was ok per se.........I am just saying it seems very strange that the club see fit to play him - devil's advocate - what if he is not cleared? I doubt AFC would want to be associated with a player who did that.

He's out on bail for two separate charges of rape to the high profile one on Twitter.
From what's been reported his bail is up this month.

Arteta speaking of how happy he is for him 'after what he has been through' is quite frankly appalling given the circumstances.

He's out on bail for two separate charges of rape to the high profile one on Twitter.

Arteta speaking of how happy he is for him 'after what he has been through' is quite frankly appalling given the circumstances.

El T was clearly referring to the injuries Partey’s had since joining (he never was injured while at Atleti)…

If he wasn’t, this probably suggests the club has evidence that completely clears him but can’t communicate on it due to legal reasons.

Last edited:
Arteta's specific wording was "for what he's been through...and the injuries..."

Which comes across as a bit tone-deaf.

In mitigation, Arteta seems a decent guy and he's not a native speaker...but it sounds like he's let the internal Arsenal consensus on the alleged incident(s) bleed across a little into his public comments.

The one on twitter is outside the scope of investigation because of the law change in the UK afaik.

Arteta's specific wording was "for what he's been through...and the injuries..."

In mitigation, Arteta seems a decent guy and he's not a native speaker...but it sounds like he's let the internal Arsenal consensus on the alleged incident(s) bleed across a little into his public comments.

Choosing not to suspend him from training and the matchday panel the bare minimum the club should have done imo was to avoid any public displays of support.

Maybe he will be cleared and this will all simply go away but until it is decided one way or another then pronouncements such as Arteta's are entirely inappropriate and would surely retraumatise any victim hearing them.

here's the quote Philby:

On Partey’s goal…

It was a great finish, we’ve been waiting for that one. The whole crowd has been “shoot, shoot” for a long time. For what he’s been through with the injuries and the effort he’s put in to be available for the team, I’m so happy for him. He deserves it.

'For what he's been through with the injuries...'

not sure why you're choosing to understand it in a different way....

Choosing not to suspend him from training and the matchday panel the bare minimum the club should have done imo was to avoid any public displays of support.

Maybe he will be cleared and this will all simply go away but until it is decided one way or another then pronouncements such as Arteta's are entirely inappropriate and would surely retraumatise any victim hearing them.

From the club's perspective, if, after getting advice from the legal team, it believes the evidence fully supports the player, why would they drop him?

In this day and age, communication and posture are more important than ever, i can't, for one second, believe they'd be as reckless as to not give a shit about it and just keep on playing him just because he makes the team better...there has to be more to it than what we know.

Your take is to suspend him until he's cleared, which is fine, their take is probably as simple as 'innocent until proven guilty' (and being fairly confident this case won't be going any further).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Dr Dec and The Side Effects

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼