2022 Premier Senior Hurling

I was at that game. Guy playing for UCC I think was from Limerick. Think his nick-name might have been Beefy? Anyway he was having a fine game and seriously troubling the Glen but Christy hit him with as sweet a shoulder as you'll see. Completely knocked the stuffing out of yer man and it wasn't a foul. Happened down the Blackrock end on about the 40.
Pat Heffernan

Yerra ‘twas only handbag stuff 😂
I wasn’t even 10 years old and I remember it like yesterday still. You could actually hear the thids with someone being hit and players were just tearing shreds off each other. Blood on nearly every jersey and they ran out of stiches so many were cut.
I never still seen anything like it since not even close.
I remember walking past the beamish room after and players from both sides were in there downing pints and having the craic.
We lost and Barr’s played Ballyhea in the final and Ballyhea requested to change jerseys for the final in case the Barr’s mistook them for a magpie 😂
Christy Ryan RIP and Sean O Brien were the only 2 sent off . Probably the ref was shaking too much to write because it should have been 10
🤔
I was at that game. Meyler played a blinder for Barrs.
I remember Christy Ryan getting a very nasty eye injury but I don't remember him being sent off.
Midleton had been trampish in the 83 final so Barrs weren't going to take any shit on that August Friday night at PUC.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Souldriven

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼