2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Nope. I was one of those who saw the pint glass incident on my way to the bar though. We were all on the inside near the jacks, they were all on the outside between us and the door and one of our lot on his way out and slagged MM who couldn't take it and glassed yerman. Then all hell broke loose. We were outnumbered but there were a couple of head-the-balls amongst us who wanted to go for it anyway. Thankfully wiser heads prevailed after a few minutes as there were many in-laws on either side. MM was the big loser in it all. Subsequently referred to by a Cork GAA legend as being "Cork's youngest ever has-been"
That’s how I remember the story, although wasn’t there, you’d be taking your life in your hands going in there with inbred norries 🤣

It was like Mok's on a Friday night (but without the Covid ;))
Covid be the least of ye inbreds worries
🤣

Blackrock v Barrs in the 1972 final and the semi final in the late 70's between Midleton and the Barrs were right up there too.
Too young for the 72 final but there’s no way the Barrs Midleton 79 game comes close to the 84 game. It was the only game I ever saw where lawlessness ruled

Too young for the 72 final but there’s no way the Barrs Midleton 79 game comes close to the 84 game. It was the only game I ever saw where lawlessness ruled
Yerra ‘twas only handbag stuff 😂
I wasn’t even 10 years old and I remember it like yesterday still. You could actually hear the thids with someone being hit and players were just tearing shreds off each other. Blood on nearly every jersey and they ran out of stiches so many were cut.
I never still seen anything like it since not even close.
I remember walking past the beamish room after and players from both sides were in there downing pints and having the craic.
We lost and Barr’s played Ballyhea in the final and Ballyhea requested to change jerseys for the final in case the Barr’s mistook them for a magpie 😂
Christy Ryan RIP and Sean O Brien were the only 2 sent off . Probably the ref was shaking too much to write because it should have been 10

Yerra ‘twas only handbag stuff 😂
I wasn’t even 10 years old and I remember it like yesterday still. You could actually hear the thids with someone being hit and players were just tearing shreds off each other. Blood on nearly every jersey and they ran out of stiches so many were cut.
I never still seen anything like it since not even close.
I remember walking past the beamish room after and players from both sides were in there downing pints and having the craic.
We lost and Barr’s played Ballyhea in the final and Ballyhea requested to change jerseys for the final in case the Barr’s mistook them for a magpie 😂
Christy Ryan RIP and Sean O Brien were the only 2 sent off . Probably the ref was shaking too much to write because it should have been 10
fin, you crack me up boy 🤣🤣🤣

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Vault 003

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼