2022 Premier Senior Hurling

The Blue babies have done it!

And easy for me to say now but I felt we would take Sars, they are too cocky down Glanmire way over the last few years with nothing to back it up.

Our guys were simply awesome despite a lull in the second quarter. Once again our youngsters led the way, magnificent to see boys growing into men before our eyes. And today the more experienced guys played their part well especially Damo. Great sign

Feet back on the ground now again as we have it all to do against the super club of Douglas with their huge pick

Another dual code club, and I always thought that the Barrs were the biggest club in the county in terms of members, maybe even the biggest club in the country. Fairly sure they used to be anyway.

For me the biggest issue is the examiner exclusivity. During covid it was proven that clubs can on some level provide coverage for games but that possibility is not only ignored but is actively shut off.

Grand not all clubs can but to prevent them from trying is absurd. The coverage that the examiner gives is good but the number of matches that get live coverage is now fewer than before covid with radio commentary being scaled back.

Broadcasting more games should be the goal, not less. Be it radio, professional streaming/tv or even amateur streaming.

Hopefully this new more competitive fixture list and more competitive games will give the County management team more oppertunity to see guys in big games and run the rule over them. With luck this will all feed into a better inter-County team.🙏

I know the traditionalists mightn't all have been in favour of the new county format but it's certainly breathed new life into the competition. A number of competitive games, and some mouthwatering fixtures coming up.
I really enjoy this format just the flip flopping over and back to football drives me mad.Would it be possible just to play 1 off 1st then the other? Like in Wexford or would that be un workable with all the divisions etc

Another dual code club, and I always thought that the Barrs were the biggest club in the county in terms of members, maybe even the biggest club in the country. Fairly sure they used to be
Douglas are biggest club in Munster, including camogie over 3,000 members

Kilmacud Crokes are biggest in Ireland, 4,800 members and 130 teams

Ta for that. Did I just imagine that about the barrs or was that the case years ago?
I don't know, some of the Barr's lads here would know better.
I'd imagine they could have been when there was newer housing developments, etc. The area is a lot of older folk these days whose kids are moved elsewhere

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Club 30 - An Over 30s Evening Club!

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼