Cork hurling goalkeepers 2022

If he wasnt on the hurling panel i would be advocating for D Cahalane to get a run in goal with the footballers some of ye may not know that he has an all ireland medal in soccer where he played in goal and also managed to score a goal in Turners Cross. He has some kick off the ball from the ground.

This chap Dalton is everywhere in debates. He could Thady Quill to be fair.

Sub goalies as outfielders hasn't a massive rate of success... Peter Murphy of Galway came off the bench in the 1986 final for Galway wearing 16 and won a penalty and scored a few points. Adrian Ronan and DJ did a bit of swapping. I think Fitzhenry played outfield for Wexford.... Darren McCarthy a little bit. Collins was responsible for us getting past Clare last year in fairness to him. I thought he made only one blunder (albeit a crucial one) this year but I could be wrong

This chap Dalton is everywhere in debates. He could Thady Quill to be fair.

Sub goalies as outfielders hasn't a massive rate of success... Peter Murphy of Galway came off the bench in the 1986 final for Galway wearing 16 and won a penalty and scored a few points. Adrian Ronan and DJ did a bit of swapping. I think Fitzhenry played outfield for Wexford.... Darren McCarthy a little bit. Collins was responsible for us getting past Clare last year in fairness to him. I thought he made only one blunder (albeit a crucial one) this year but I could be wrong

he made 2 in the galway game alone

both goals should have been saved

only way he'll make a save is if it's straight at him or hits him

Didnt John Troy play in goals for Offaly minors in the 80s. Turned out to be a very skillful centre forward for Offaly seniors.
Hero Murphy was in goals for the minors in 2000 as a 16 year old. Austin Gleeson was in goals all the way up underage when he was a bit "rounder" lets say. Lost a bit of weight before his first year minor 2012 and they put him out the field. The rest as they say, is history.

Nickie Quaid & Eoin Murphy never play in goals with their clubs & never have, they seem to be doing ok at intercounty level. We keep giving out about puckouts etc going wrong, well Dalton is the best striker of a ball in Cork & it may be worth a try. Restarts are more important in hurling now & we are not good at it.
Both played in goal for IC minor and u21 though although Murphy did play out the field for KK intermediates.
How many times has Dalton actually played in goal? One league season with Cork Minors and 1 season with Imokilly? What is him being a good keeper or one of IC standard actually based on? The more I think about it, it seems absolute lunacy.

Wait n see but I believe he has been asked. Furthermore I wouldn't be so sure that Hayes is going football either as the football boys seem to think on here..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼